We had our 1st Mom's group of the season this morning. I ran around my house this morning. Excited. Anxious. Thankful. Frustrated. Running. Excited for the new season. Excited to see what God had in store. Excited to see a summer of planning come together. Anxious to stand in front of everyone and talk. Anxious that someone might go unnoticed. Desperately wanting them to feel God's love. Thankful for another season of moms. Thankful for all the women who helped put this together. Thankful that God is who He is. Frustrated because the darn muffins I had made to take looked great but tasted nasty. Frustrated because Brenton dumped his whole bowl of cereal on the floor and didn't want to clean it up. Thankful that at least Jackson and Ella were being Angels. Running because I so did not want to be late. I hate being late. I'm almost always late.
This morning was beautiful. God was there. I know He was smiling. The topic was about tired of trying to measure up. About not being a Supermom. If we are trying to do it all, where is God? If we are trying to control the situation, where is God? It can be painful at times, but there is such a sense of freedom in knowing that God has the reigns. Our job? To be Godly moms. To show our children God's love through our actions. To teach our children about God.
I have become very passionate about this subject. I am anti-supermom. I'm sorry, but I do not have the ability to shout out, "Here I come to save the day!! Supermom is on her way!!" Sorry. Not me. However, if you were a fly on the wall in my house, you would probably be hearing me sing all sorts of other things. Maybe a song about quitting. A song of being done. A song begging the Lord to step in before I lose it. I sing "Be still and know he, know he is holy, be still and know he is God". Or, "everywhere I go I know your not far away, your right here, right here." There's lots of songs, just no superhero songs... unless, of course, one of the kids has the Batman costume on. Na na na na na na na na Na na na na na na na na BATMAN!! So fun.
I digress. What was so beautiful this morning was seeing God as He wove the tapestry. Seeing His hand in the morning. Bringing all these amazing women together. He opens hearts. Lifts veils. He speaks right to our hearts. I love that our stories and our pain can always be used for God's glory. There are two things I know to be true. God will not waste our pain. And we are never alone. God is always there... Whether we are alone with Him or if He sends others to walk beside us. We are not alone.
Most of the time, it seems, we need to be broken to realize that we NEED God. It takes brokenness to realize that we have NO control. We desperately need God. It seems like the times where I've most heard God were the times when I had no idea what to pray for. I just sit. Telling the Lord I have no idea where to begin. He has shown me. The place to begin is to just take His hand. When I've taken His hand, he's taken my burden. He's lifted the weight from my shoulders. He wraps me in His arms. He comforts me. He loves me.
I was so thankful to witness God this morning. To see His miracles. To see His love for us. I am so thankful to be a part of this ministry. To be walking along side these women. God has been so faithful and so good. I stand in awe.
3 comments:
Ditto!!
I was humbled this morning to be a part of what God is doing in the lives and hearts of "our" (really his) moms. I LOVE our moms. It's amazing to think he loves them so much more, AND he allows us to get glimpses into the beautiful work he is up to. I am so blessed to be a part. God is so good, to let us know on the very first day, that all the work is SOOOOOO worth it. That our prayers and are faith in him are never ever wasted. He hears us, he shows up...he is so faithful. I love to see the women who have lived in pain, bless others with their hope, in their confidence that HE WILL COME THROUGH. HE DOES RESCUE. HE DOES SAVE MARRIAGES. HE WILL NOT WASTE YOUR PAIN.
Praise be to HIM who is FAITHFUL!!
AMEN!! It was a beautiful morning - even with the chaos and craziness GOD was so at work. It is such a blessing to be a part of such a fun ministry!
And you are a "supermom" in the real sense of the word, Mere - the way that counts to God (not in the screwed up way the world uses it)! That is what I love about you!
I didn't notice any chaos or craziness but I was a participant.
I just want to say AMEN! I totally felt the HOLY SPIRIT there. It's going to be an amazing season.
There was definitely God's beauty there because of our ashes!
Post a Comment