I was tagged by my sweet friend, Eryn, to post 7 random facts about myself and make 7 friends do it too. Here we go...1. I am married to my high school sweetheart. We met when I was 16. We were best friends. A boy I was dating broke up with me and I asked Cory if he knew of any good guys. He told me to go to church with him that week. He wanted to introduce me to his good friend. When Cory took me to church with him I was reintroduced to someone I always thought I knew. God was there that night. He was watching every move. He knew I would be there and he courted me. Oh, how I loved being in his presence. I fell in love right then and there. I'm so thankful that I went to meet a boy and instead found God. And the friend Cory set me up with? We dated for about a month, he broke up with me and 5 days later Cory and I were dating. That was almost 15 years ago and we've been together ever since.
2. I used to be a huge hermit. If I could choose between staying home by myself or my husband or going out, I'd choose staying home. I used to need A LOT of time to myself. If I didn't get it, I was CRABBY. 5 kids and lots of stretching later, I still enjoy some time to myself but find it's few and far between and I'm perfectly okay with it. I get very little time to myself now and I would often choose hanging out with friends over being home alone. Funny how God changes you over time...
3. I too am going away for a girls weekend. I'm thrilled. Pajamas all day, good friends, no agenda. Sounds perfect. As much as I'm looking forward to it, I've realized I don't make much sense. I'm so excited and yet as I kissed my kids goodnight last night I got sad. I already miss them. I almost didn't want to go. Even though I love a break, I miss my kids and husband terribly. When I'm gone, I can't wait to come home again.
4. Even though I know that we're done having kids and I would probably go insane if we had another, there is a part of me that still wants more. Does that ever go away? However, another is not possible unless God wants a little giggle. I don't love being pregnant until the end. The beginning is miserable. I throw-up multiple times a day, can't roll myself off the couch. It's lovely. But oh, how I love the end. Feeling the baby move. Feeling their hiccups. Love watching them move across my tummy. When it's time to actually have the baby I get so excited. I love labor. Yes, I love labor. I love the miracle of it. I love that God made our bodies to stretch and grow. To change in ways I never thought possible. Birth is a true miracle and I love being a part of it. If someone were to ask me to carry their child, I would do it in a heartbeat. Want to know something crazier? I love labor with no epidural. I had an epidural with 2 of my children and went without with 2. One of those was not by choice but I loved it so much that I chose to do it again. I love that you can feel as your baby enters the world. You're not so numb that you can't feel whats going on... how hard to push, when to stop. Babies and labor, I love them both! I love it so much that I have dreams of becoming a labor and delivery nurse someday.
5. I lived in California for the first 10 years of my life. I loved living down there. I have amazing memories. Going to the beach all day long with my mom, coming home showering, Dad would come home and we'd go back to have dinner there. Riding our bikes to the park, the movie theatre, to get frozen yogurt. I was probably 7 when I started getting to do these things. Seven! I can't imagine letting my 7 year old do these things. Of course, there is no movie theatre near us for him to ride his bike to, but still. However, I love love love living in Washington. There is no place I'd rather live. I'm convinced that this is the best place in the country to live. We have no imminent danger. No hurricanes. No tornadoes. No huge snowstorms. Tiny earthquakes. Beautiful green trees. Leaves that change to the most brilliant oranges and reds. We have seasons. I love the rain... actually, if I could get it to just rain at night and not when I have to run errands, it would be perfect. I love it here.
6. I can no longer watch scary movies. I used to love scary movies. Give me a psychological thriller and I was happy. Loved em. Now that I've had kids I can no longer watch anything remotely scary. I get way too much anxiety. We watched 21 in the theater and I hid my face much of the time because I was so anxious about the poor kid getting beaten up. I don't even think they ever showed anything but I was still so anxious. It was not relaxing. Movies now, I love a good chick flick. I love something that doesn't make me think. My brain just wants to relax and not have to think about anything. I'm a sucker for movies that have anything to do with babies and weddings...
7. My husband is the one who organizes the pantry and closets in our house. I simply cannot do it. My mind gets overwhelmed and I stand and stare. Often giving up and finding something else to do. Once he gets it organized, I'm good. I just can't organize. Nor am I good at time management. When I was packing last week for our trip I had a bunch of things at the end that truly, in and of themselves, didn't take long. Cory pointed out that the problem is that I leave so many "little" things for the last minute and so the last minute ends up taking about 45 minutes to an hour. Ouch. Honey, you're so right. I'll work on that...
So there are 7 random things. I'm passing this on to LeeAnn, Meleea, Shannon, Rebecca, Mara, Krista, and Sheelagh. Love you girls and have fun!!
2 comments:
Loved reading about you! I will take the tag challenge!
I got tagged too! Oh my, never been tagged before!
Post a Comment