Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day


Lots of snow + kids that want to play + a mom who wakes up multiple times a night watching for snow = FUN

School was cancelled both yesterday and today and we've LOVED it! Ella, Brenton and I left yesterday morning and set out on a trek. We journeyed through the neighborhood, throwing snowballs, eating snow and falling on our rears... well, I did anyway. All while holding Brenton. Nice. We played at the park. The kids enjoyed the swings. I just enjoyed watching my kids get so much joy from the beautiful snow. I LOVE the snow!


The boys eventually made their way outside. They enjoyed "ice skating" on the sides of the street where the water had frozen. Who doesn't love sliding on ice... that is of course unless your sliding onto your rear. Caden was sure to eat all the snow off the front railing as well. Good thing he got SOMETHING to eat...

Today, snowmen are being brought to life. And just like the rest of our family, the snowman loves the Yankees as well. I'm currently watching as my 13 year old chases my 5 year old with a snowball... wonder who will win.

Once we were all done in the snow yesterday, Ella quickly went up to her room and changed her clothes. She is a princess after all...

Praising the Lord for this deep breath. Praising the Lord for an amazing family. Praising the Lord for his astounding beauty!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like they had a blast!!! Not sure how i found you but i'm glad I did! Happy holidays!

Megan said...

They are just too cute!

There's an award for you on my blog. =)

Lee Ann said...

So much fun! I love the snow.....even more than my kido's!

angi_b72 said...

Wonderful wonderful pictures!!!

Sheelagh said...

I still wish I was walking distance to your house!
We need more kids in this family....2 is just not enough to make it crazy, rowdy, fun. We're still pretty princessy all the time....please let me have at least one boy!!!

Amy said...

Your kids are the most photogenic beautiful children!

The picture of Ella in her princess dress at the end - she's sitting on the heater vent, isn't she!

meleea said...

what fun! love the picture of ella! enjoy your day.

Cass said...

Looks like you all had a blast! My husband would love a white Christmas, but not very likely to happen in Southern Alabama! Espcially when for the last week we have been in the 70's! UHHH! I am ready for some cooler weather! Enjoy the snow for us!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

love it! u must not get too much snow! but i love ur snowman!