Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ooh - La - La


My princess got her first salon haircut yesterday. Oh my. She had the biggest smile on her face. The entire time. The kind of smile that melts your heart. The kind of smile that is a complete reflection of the joy in her heart. The kind of smile that fills my heart with joy as I watch my daughter. Sitting in the chair. Radiating joy.

She couldn't wait to go show her Daddy her hair. She couldn't hold still. She was jumping around, giggling and smiling. I've never seen her so excited.

I was reading my friends blog the other day. She just had a baby girl. Her only girl. She has 2 boys and has loved having boys. Still does. But was saying how she never knew a girl could be like this...

I've felt this way from the start. There is just something different. There is a bond that is indescribable. A bond that I'm so thankful for. Like my friend, I had no idea. No idea what a girl would be like. Truly, I was a little scared. I knew how to play with boys. I knew what to do with boys. But oh. Ella stole my heart the second she was born.

I'm still figuring out what to do. I've got the nail painting down... even though it's not my favorite. I've figured out pony tails and braids. Dresses and tights. Letting go when she wants to put her own fashion stamp on her outfit. Yesterday, she was introduced to the curling iron. She loved every minute of it. I'm thinking we'll have to do it again sometime soon. Hopefully, she'll hold as still for me as she did for the gal yesterday.

I'm so thankful for my little girl that melts my heart. That brings a sweetness to our house. My little girl that came up to me as I was sitting on the stairs yesterday and said, "how ya doing?" while putting her arm around my shoulders. Thankful for my little girl that, for now, calls me her best friend. Thankful for little girl giggles. For princesses and ponies. She brings out my inner princess and we have so much fun together. What a blessing my little girl is to our family!

7 comments:

Cass said...

She is super cute!! I love my boys dearly, but part of me would love to have a little girl! But I wouldn't trade my boys for anything!

Megan said...

How sweet is she? OMGosh! Just adorable!

Sheelagh said...

She is so cute!
And it's fun to read about what a difference she is in your life since you had boys first...girls are all I know! Dress up, pink, ponies, hair does; it's my life. I'm up to my elbows in it. I love it, but I also love your appreciation for it.

Julie D. said...

she is so adorable, meredith. seriously, beautiful. I love your description of her at the salon. what a treat for both of you!! I've never been so excited to have a girl than now. What a blessing.

Kel said...

Oh my heart was melting as I read that post and looked at the pics...I know what you are saying and I find myself feeling the same way when Brandon wraps his arms through mine and says 'Mama, will I always be your little man?' ...ahhh, children are the best...her hair looks so beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

What pretty hair she has! Your post brings tears to my eyes. I yearn, deeply, for a little girl of my own. I love my 3 boys with all my heart, but I feel our family wont be complete until we have a little girl of our own. I'm not sure how many babies it will take, but I'm not ready to give up on her yet!

Shannon D said...

Tell Ella Belle that her hair is absolutely beautiful! She definitely looks like a princess with all those curls!!!