Saturday, December 20, 2008

Laying Out Your Fleece

A friend of mine commented regarding my last post. She is a friend I so value. She has such an incredible hunger for the Lord and I so appreciate her... She mentioned that when Gideon layed out his fleece, he was actually being disobedient...

When trying to decide where I should be in regards to Mom's leadership I read a lot about Gideon. What I know is that even as he kept questioning God, God was faithful, gracious and patient with him. He continued to give him a sign. And while I'm not one to believe He sends signs often, I do believe that He is faithful, gracious and patient... when we don't deserve it, when we continue to question.

I'm usually one to believe God gives us the information we need and we get to decide from there. Are we going to follow what God has laid out for us? Are we doing what He would choose? Are we following his precepts?

However, because I'm slow. Because I don't want to mess this up. Because this is a HUGE thing for all involved. I need a sign. And again. Because I can be a bit dense, I might need to ask God if I'm understanding correctly and could he just show me again...

I'm not questioning the "plan of attack". I'm questioning my own head. Is my head messing with me? Are my dreams of God or me? Again, I don't want to mess this one up. I want to say without a shadow of a doubt that THIS is what God wanted. THIS was his plan. THIS is where He has led our family.

Thank you so much my dear friend for trying to steer me in the right direction. Thank you all for walking beside us. Thank you all so very much for your prayers. We appreciate each and every one of them and ask that you'd continue to pray with us. That our heads would know that difference between what is of God and what is not.

I know that God will be faithful. He always is. I have no reason to doubt. Praying that as He shows us the way it would be SO entirely clear for this dense head of mine!

4 comments:

meleea said...

praying for you meredith! i can relate to this post more than you can imagine!
wanting a sign from God ourselves...waiting...praying... choosing to sit still & wait.

Julie D. said...

prayign for you guys

Julie D. said...

praying :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh meredith! i love you girl. still praying for you...your name is on the top of my prayer card by the computer...and you know i'm here often! :)

on the flip side...i needed the gideon reasurance too. i just made a decision that i didn't have a concrete feeling about but felt 'calm' about where god may be leading me. i looked for that stinking burning bush...didn't happen! booo!