Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas



It's been crazy. Unreal. Beautiful. Peaceful. The snow has continued to fall. And fall. And fall. We aren't used to this and we are loving it... well, mostly.

We've taken walks. Sent crying children home to wait for us. Played games. Turned games off. Watched the news. Listened to Christmas music. Made cookies. And more cookies. Watched snow fall. Let the kids have WAY too many treats. Made silly calls to friends... just to let them know it's snowing. They are now saying it might not stop until Wednesday. We may get a white Christmas after all...

We've played in the day...

And in the night...


Our yard has been transformed into a winter wonderland...



The kids have fought. They've loved each other too...


We're enjoying this time with our family. God has given us some great "forced family fun". Praising the Lord for His beauty. His greatness. He has blessed us with days we will always treasure.

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

FFF here too! It's (mostly) good. I'm just hoping we can fly out on Christmas Day!

Dee said...

Your dreams are my night mares!

Sorry baby, but I'm hoping for a tropical Christmas in Hawaii!

angi_b72 said...

I am soooo jealous...I WANT THAT !!!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

so much fun! snow is beautiful and the kids like it...i would love it way more than these temps! it's crazy -21 wind chill here...and no snow. boooo! i love the kids pics and the winterwonderland...and, i'm still praying for you meredith!

Trish said...

looks like fun..........
I love the picture of Brenton standing in snow almost to his waist!
looks like we are into this for while..........

Still praying!
Love You.

Amy said...

With all you guys blogging about the snow there, I'm instantly taken back to the January '04 snow storm when we lived there. You guys lived around the corner from us and came over, we played in the snow. Our husbands coldn't get to work and it was like we were back at NAU with classes canceled! Except, you guys had 2 kids and we had one. So much fun... Miss you guys. I almost wish the storm had come while we were visiting. Almost - if Emily were less crabby, that would've been fun!

Megan said...

My boss has about 3 feet of snow at her house. She's been pounded. We have a lot here too, but the wind blew it around so it's all "evened out" now. heehee

LOVE your pictures! The Merry Christmas written in the snow looks awesome! =)