Monday, December 29, 2008

Not Me Monday

It's Not Me Monday again and I thought I'd give it another go. It's kind of fun! McKMama isn't doing her "Not Me's" today, but go visit her anyway. She and her family could use your prayers right now. Stellan seems to have a nasty cold that is kicking his tail. Please. Please. Please be praying for that little miracle boy!

Now. As for my Not Me's. Remember. I did none of this... despite what anyone might tell you.

I did not take over 300 pictures of our fun in the snow. I wouldn't do that. Why bother? They all end up looking much the same anyway. Why would I want to torture my family like that? Who has the time to look through ALL those pictures anyway. I would know when to say when. Really.

I did not proceed to put two different sweaters on Brenton on Christmas Eve. Taking pictures of him in both of them. Wanting to see which sweater washed him out less. Who cares anyway? Not me. I wouldn't do that. Again. Why would I torture him like that. I wouldn't. I don't care about no stinkin' sweater...

I did not take a deep sigh of relief when I realized that the sweater I DID NOT choose to have him wear was the sweater he wore last year. Why would I care if we were all wearing what we had worn the year before. I wouldn't. It doesn't matter. Who cares if our Christmas Eve pictures look identical to last years... okay. Maybe not identical. The kids are all a year older. Not me though!

And I absolutely would NOT make my poor sister in law take a dozen pictures of my family on Christmas Eve. One would absolutely be enough. Who cares if the kids weren't looking at the camera at the same time for almost EVERY picture. I most certainly wouldn't. Why would I get irritated at my children. They are just kids after all. Asking them to hold still is like asking the rain to stop falling. I know that. Really.

I did not gain back the 2 lbs. I lost last week. And I absolutely would not wonder if it was because NO peppermint bark was eaten this week. Truly. Why would I think that peppermint bark would make me lose weight. I would never consider to stay on an all peppermint bark diet. That would not be healthy. Nope. Not me. Well, maybe.

I did not get sad when the snow started melting. And I most definitely would not pray for more snow. Of course I'm sick of it. Why would I want more? Why would I want to be stuck at home with my family? I absolutely would not obsessively look at the forecast. Praying for some snowflakes in our future. I wouldn't do that. Not me.

I did not seriously consider NOT brushing my teeth before church yesterday. That would be disgusting. Why would I let a wonderfully delicious cup of hot coffee sway me. I wouldn't. Just because everyone knows toothpaste and coffee do not mix does NOT mean I can go without brushing. Gross. Just. Plain. Gross. I would NEVER!!

I did not go to bed praising the Lord that there was still another week before school started again. Why would I do that? Who likes to sleep in until 8:26 anyway? And who likes to stay in their pajamas all day? And there's no way I would want to miss out on making lunches at 6:45 am. Nope. Not me. I would never be thankful that we still have one more week before school starts. I would never want to sleep the day away like that. There's far too much to be done. And remember? I like 6:30...

I did not just ignore 2 phone calls so I could finish my Not Me's. That would be downright rude and inconsiderate. No Not Me is that important. I would never... well, maybe. Sorry Mom and Amy. Here I come...

7 comments:

nateandtraci said...

i love that you posted all the pictures (well maybe not all??) i know how to photoshop heads around, shoulda probably mentioned that the other night... not that i did that for my christmas card this year, no not me. love you mere, and for gosh sakes, brush your teeth. xo, t

Cass said...

I love those pics! Adorable! I got no family pics from Christmas! Can you believe that? I most certaintly did NOT forget to take one!

Mara said...

all the pictures look lovely! Thanks again for the get together on Saturday...just what we needed! You guys are awesome!

Sheelagh said...

You're so cute. I miss you guys.
I also took a million pictures this Christmas and I also ate Christmas yuck like it was my diet. And I'm sure paying for it! Yuck, but oh so YUM!

Amy said...

I KNEW it!! But thanks for calling me back :-)

Audrey said...

I love your not-me posts! So cute...and I do like your sweater choice for Brenton :) I think Trevin wore the same one in red and navy blue for Christmas.

I hope you guys enjoyed the winter wonderland...we barely missed it when we left for California last Friday.

Dee said...

I'm so glad and grateful that you are NOT praying for more snow! :0)