
One of my favorite bloggers does the BEST thing. Every Monday, MckMama lists and invites other to list what they absolutely did NOT do in the past week. I have never actually participated, but this last week, I found myself talking in "not me" fashion. So, despite what anyone might tell you, I most certainly did not...
Wake up at least 8 times Tuesday night watching for snow. That would be downright ridiculous. The snow wasn't even supposed to hit until early morning anyway. I need WAY more sleep than that. I would be entirely too crabby the next day. I would be smarter than that...
Run. Yes. Run through Winco on Tuesday afternoon. Racing against the clock so that I could make it home from school before the bus. I wouldn't do that. I only had 30 minutes and I would look crazy. People would glare. They were all trying to take care of their pre-"Arctic Blast" shopping too. I would be more considerate than that. I have better time management skills than that...
Tell my 5 year old that it was plenty warm out. He didn't need a coat. We were in a hurry. It was 35 out and sunny after all. That would be neglectful of me. He might get cold. I most certainly would not do that. I'm a better mom than that...
Eat my weight in peppermint bark this week. I seriously would NOT do that. That would be pathetic. That would be counter productive. That would not help me lose these last 10 pounds. Why would I do that?
MAKE my children go on a walk in the snow. Everyday. First of all, why would I have to MAKE them. They love the snow. They're kids. Kids + Snow = Fun. Right? I would never have to MAKE my kids play outside. I wouldn't do that. If they didn't want to play I would be sympathetic to that. I would NEVER force it upon them. That would be unkind. Nope. Not me.
Watch the news. Again and again. My friends would think I'm silly. They all make fun of the INSANE amount of news coverage. It's the same stories over and over. They do not fascinate me. I am not intrigued by it all. I do not tell my children, "just 5 more minutes." That would be silly of me. That would be a waste of my time. I would not do that...
Sound like Clark Griswold...
Me: Look kids it's...
Kids: We know. It's snowing...
Me: It's snowing!!
That would be obnoxious. That would get old. It would start to irritate the kids. Why would I do that? I wouldn't. Nor would Cory. Not us.
Decide not to shower even though I REALLY needed to. That would be disgusting. I wouldn't smell nice. Why would I do that? I wouldn't. Not me.
Discover that I've lost 2 pounds this week. THAT would be downright ridiculous. THAT would make me think I could eat my weight in peppermint bark more often. THAT would not make sense. There is NO way my body would do that. Nope. Not mine.
And I most certainly do NOT love that it's snowing AGAIN. I'm sick of it. I'm tired of being confined to my home. I wouldn't want it to snow more. That would be crazy. Why would I want that? We already have over a foot of snow. That would be greedy of me. Who needs more snow. Not me...
So, what did you NOT do this week??

7 comments:
I woudl certainly want more snow! Not greedy at all!! Great posts!
fun post Mer....here's a few things I did NOT do this week....
clean the house while trapped inside for days...should've, but didn't...
Listen to the weather reporters and stay off the road yesterday...couldn't, I was too homebound and needed out....
Get up early this morning to feed before the kids woke up...again, should've but I stayed in bed and watched it snow out the window instead....
Get all my presents wrapped while stuck in side last week...nope, didn't do that either...
there's a few things for you to read today... :) hugs
LOVE peppermint bark. I need to make something to take to a Christmas gathering tomorrow, but I don't think this is gonna be it. If you can believe it, I have not ONE candycane in my house! Or white chocolate. lol
Love your Not Me Monday post. =)
I love peppermint bark as well. Are you making your own? I was wanting to make it and give it to all my neighbours with their Christmas cards. We'll see, I have tomorrow right??
Enjoy.
Pam
funny!!
I'm on the peanut brittle diet and I'm pretty sure i aint lost a single pound. Quite likely I'm up a few. Hopefully all the sledding and snow walking is burning some calories!
good times...you are snow silly. I think looking at the inside of your house too much will do that to a mommy.
Is the new really still intriguing you? I am SO SICK OF IT.
I for one most certainly did not spend 45 minutes in line at Salmon Creek Fred Meyer with your husband. I would never go to Freddies on the 23rd knowing that half of Vancouver would be there finishing up their last minute shopping but not wanting to tread too far from home. Nope, not me.
word ver - sausno = sau sno?:)
Post a Comment