I woke up this morning at 6:10. Two years ago at 6:10 we were on our way to the hospital. So excited to meet you! Cherishing my final moments of having you in my tummy. You were born that evening at 6:42. You weighed 9 lbs. 2.6 oz. You captured my heart. I remember that I just wanted you closer. I could not get you close enough. I still feel that same way. You are a miracle.
You scared us when you first came out. You came so quickly. I went from 6 cm dilated to delivered in 20 minutes. You didn't breathe for an entire minute. They were just getting ready to call a team in. Then you took a nice deep breath. Your poor face, hands and feet were all bruised from your quick entry. Funny thing, now you almost always have a bruise on your sweet face. You are our bruiser!
Three years ago, our pastor told us to ask God for the impossible. Something, for ourselves, that only God could do. You are what I prayed for. We knew we wanted a 4th child. We tried so hard for the boys and were surprised by your sister. We knew we wanted a 4th and I knew that I could not handle months of disappointment. I asked God to bless us quickly. That we would not have to "try". We didn't have to try. God gave us you! I was and am in awe!
I look at your first 2 years of life and am so amazed at the many many times that you have brightened my world. I was thinking about the day your Daddy had surgery. That day in my memory is black. Dark. Scary. Awful. The one bright spot? You. God gave me you. It was as if he said, "here you go my daughter. I am here. Hold your baby tight and remember how I love you so!" People offered to help me with you. I appreciated it, but on that day I needed you. I needed to hold my miracle and know that God does give us miracles. I clung to that.
You are so full of joy and are so loved by your Mommy, Daddy, your brothers and sister. I love watching you and Cole. You have a such a bond. He loves you so! Your brothers adore you (except of course when you hit them in the head!) and your sister loves having a little buddy to play house with.
Brenton, you are my curious boy. You love to explore. You check every nook and cranny. Nothing goes unturned. You are adventurous. You love to be outside. You love playing football, baseball and basketball and love love love to ride your brother's scooter. We are amazed when we watched you glide along on a 2 wheeled scooter. You entertain us!
I have watched you a lot this week. I'm so sad to see my baby growing up. You are my last and I cherish every moment with you. However, I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you. I love watching you grow. I love watching you think and process. Taking it all in. I love that when you are playing you will stop everything, come over and give me a kiss. Completely unprompted. You give me a kiss and off you go.
Thank you Lord for this beautiful boy. Thank you for making him so unique. Thank you for using him to remind me of your love and joy.
Happy Happy Birthday my Sweet Brenton Boy!!
6 comments:
such a cool tribute to your sweetie pie! his smile is contagious! i love watching him follow behind his big siblings when you all come in - so sweet!
and you, mom, are very brave to put that photo of yourself on there - i love it!!
What a stinkin' cute little guy! Loved the post. When Cory had is surgery, I just kept thinking about this baby. A baby that was making "work" for you, but also that this little baby would bring you so much joy during such a difficult time. God's timing is so perfect!
What adorable pictures! You guys make the cutest kids! I love that he's your miracle baby :) what a sweet part of his story! He's blessed to have you for his mama!
what a sweet post and sweet pictures! happy birthday to Brenton!
happy bday B! We love you so much!
Love the Keslers
Could he be any cuter? I don't think so! Sweet post!
Post a Comment