"What are you doing today that is causing you to live on faith?"
What a GREAT question. It's causing me to really evaluate my day and how I'm going to go about my business. What IS causing me to live on faith today?? Um. Is it that I'm tired and I have to go to Costco? Thinking so...
I know that sounds trivial. But, today is not a crazy day. Yesterday? Yes. Today, not so much. There is nothing going on life changing. However, I guess if I think about it, my actions can be life changing for my children.
So, yes, going to Costco, praying that I can get through it without losing it. Honestly needing God to get me through it. I so do NOT like going to Costco. I so do NOT like that I can't get in until 11:00. My kids and I are all starting to melt by that time and to JUST be starting out, drains me. Drains my kids. So, I just start praying.
I know that God is faithful even for the little things...
I sat in the middle of my closet floor last week. It was 5:00. I hadn't started dinner. I had no patience. I had no energy. I had nothing. I sat there like a child. Legs out. Head bowed. Shoulders down. Moping. Then I started praying. Praying for God to fill me with HIS patience. Praying for God to carry me. We still had 3 hours until bedtime and I didn't want the day to end the way I was feeling. Praise the Lord, He met me. The 3 times I had to put Brenton in time out, He filled me with His patience. I stayed calm. The 2 times I had to put Brenton in his room, He filled me. I stayed calm. In every interaction He carried me. It is seriously by the grace of God that I did not loose it. That I was able to enjoy snuggles and stories. HE got me through. It was a little thing and yet, He still met me.
The thing is, we aren't always going to be in a storm. Sometimes, it may feel like it, but eventually the storm WILL end. Then what? We still need to hang on to Jesus. We still need Him on the easy days too. Afterall, if we start doing it all on our own, you can pretty much bet He's going to try and get your attention.
I'm so thankful for the blogs that I come across. I smile to think that God knows where my mouse will take me. What I will find. How I will be encouraged. I smile too, because of how I find other blogs. I smile because I always hear the old saying, "you can't judge a book by it's cover". And yet, that is EXACTLY what I do. And man, have I found some amazing covers with amazing words.
There's Danyele at A Thorn Among Roses, Cassandra at Momma Needs a Time Out, Ondrea at Confessions of An Over-Caffeinated Housewife, and Beth at Outnumbered, Three to One. Danyele and Cassandra have been so supportive. Praying for me when they don't even know me, and I for them. I feel like I could sit down and have coffee with them. And no, I'm not psycho. And no, I'm not a stalker. I just so appreciate them. Then there's Beth, who's blog title got me twice before I realized that I had visited her before. She's hilarious. She's uplifting. She's been there done that and always has positive words to share. And Ondrea? Again, I'm not psycho and I'm not a stalker, but holy cow! I think that our brains must have been made the same way. I mean shoot, did you see her title??
Then, there's the blessing of the bloggers who have found me. I often don't know where they came from, but their words are always sure to encourage me. Have I mentioned how much I love blogland before??
The question above came from Ondrea's post today. She was asked the question by a friend. I read her post, I'm asking myself that question. I'm passing that question along. I love how God works!
I am blessed beyond words. Blessed because I have an AMAZING family. A husband who loves me, supports me, encourages me. Who gives me the biggest hugs before he leaves for work and when he gets home. Who thinks I'm hot... even in sweats, no make-up and greasy haired. Children who want snuggles and loves despite my crabby moods. Friends who walk beside me and pray for me. Friends who support me across the miles. People I don't even know who encourage me. A God who loves me more than I can fathom. Who knows where I'll be and what I need. Who encourages me both with His words and His works. Who uses His people. Who gives me a purpose. Who guides me. Who fills me. Who carries me.
So now, I pass that question on to you...
What are you doing today that is causing you to live on faith?
It may be big. It may be small. It may seem insignificant. However, I believe, nothing is insignificant to God. Nothing is too small. Even if it is just a trip to Costco!
9 comments:
you rock my stinking face off mere!!!!
the lord brought you to me...and i'm sure that is true! thanks for your kind words...seriously! and i am not a stalker either!
so what am i doing today...i'm praying and constantly trying to be the woman god has called me to be. and in that, it means, i'm trying to not lose my temper and get caught up the little things. :)
Oh Mere, you tryin' to make me cry? Cause it's working! You are such a sweet kindred spirit. You challenge me to be a better Mom & Wife. And most importantly you challenge me to keep close the our Father. Sometimes I swear we are thinking the same things & you ever so eloquently express them like I never could! I am so thankful for you & I know that one day we will have that coffee!
This is something I need to really sit on...which is a good thing. I love questions that make me think, especially about my faith. I like that part where you said after the storm to still hang onto Jesus, because that is so true. Thanks for passing on a good question. Don't be surprised if you see it on my blog soon.
What is causing me to live on faith.
I am a SAHM with a husband that is a self-employed contractor in this economy!
Try it some time. It causes me to be on my knees 24/7
God gets all the glory cuz he's been paying all the bills! and we've been able to keep our employees.
It really astonishes me daily!
This is so encouraging. Thank you for writing this! First time I have come to your blog and Im sure to come back for more faith encouragement! :)
Angie
your posts bring me back here again and again. thank you for your 'ramblings' ;) I love the challenges they present.
--oh! and I tagged you today :)--better go check out my blog and see!
Hallelujah sista! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when Gwen asked me that... I was thinking, "well, actually, right now just not going completely insane is a faith thing minute by minute"... but then, you know, I look at the big stuff and I just want to slap myself. I know that is so of satan... he is the one who wants to keep me thinking my struggles aren't enough. Thanks girl... I'm so glad you found me... or did I find you? :) I can't remember, but I'm glad God pointed our mice (is that right) in the right direction!
You have absolutely made my day! Thanks so much for the sweet things you said about me. :o)
This is a very thought-provoking post! I'm gonna ponder your question the rest of the evening...
Blessings to you!
What a great question! I found you from Beth's blog (Outnumbered 3-1) and I guess the new blog I started is all about living by faith. I'm no one special, just a mommy of 3 who loves to play the piano and sing! Now God has given me opportunities for a music ministry and a chance to be a "goodwill ambassador" for Christ! What a gift! I love mommy blogs, it makes this big world seem a little sweeter. Thanks for your post!
Post a Comment