______________________________________________________________________
My friend, Annaliese, over at Protagonistically Inclined tagged me last week. The task? To post the 6th picture from the 6th folder on my computer and share the story behind the picture...
This picture was taken June 10, 2007. Cory was teaching Caden to ride his bike without training wheels. The funny thing? Caden was 6 years old before he was able to accomplish this task. Jackson? He was 4. He saw his brother doing it, thought it looked like fun, got bribed with a little money, and off he went.
The difference between the two boys is amazing. Caden is reserved. Cautious. He's a perfectionist... if he can't do it perfect the very first time he just doesn't even want to try. Jackson is cautious, just in other ways. If he thinks he is in control he is good to go. Take that control away though and he will plant his feet. I took him on the carousel once... he hated every. single. second. He is, however, a go getter... hence, riding his bike two years before his brother. The challenge that we faced with him, was getting him to ride the new bike we got him for his 5th birthday. He was so used to riding his "little" bike, that when it came time to switch to a bigger bike that actually fit him, he was a no go... he's not big on change. Oh my sweet boys! Love them. Love them. Love them!
____________________________________________________________________
The next task at hand? My new bloggy friend, Kelli, over at Outside My Kitchen Window, actually tagged my purse. It's called What's in the bag? And I thought this was kind of fun. Embarrassing too...
Here are the rules for the tag:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you have today - not last weekend when you and your hubby went out to that fabulous restaurant. No cheating!!!
2. Tell us how much it cost. This is a no-judgment zone -- there will be no ridiculing or eye rolling here. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.
3. Now tag some fellow bloggers and link back to this post so people know why you are posting pictures of your bag.
I'm tagging whoever wants to participate. I thought this was fun!! Show me what you got!
Here's the bag...
Here's what's inside...
____________________________________________________________________
For a girl who never wins anything, I've now won TWO things recently. The above mentioned card AND a button for my blog from my bloggy friend, Cassandra, over at Momma Needs a Time Out. Holy cow!! A button. Little old me gets a button!! How exciting!
____________________________________________________________________
Oh Kelli, my sweet new friend Kelli. I mentioned her above. She also gave me a little award. Thanks Kelli!!
Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
The problem? How do I choose 10? I love all the blogs I read. If they didn't have great attitude or gratitude, I wouldn't read them. So, if I follow you or link you, you're tagged! Awards are always so fun. Fun to see that someone appreciates you... and I appreciate ALL of you that so inspire me. That make me laugh. That encourage me. That support me. YOU are ALL amazing!!
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
To finish off this random post, here are some pictures from Ella's birthday last night...
This is her posing... I went to take a picture before she opened her presents and this is what she gave me. I have NO idea what she is doing!
Love you Grandma Jackie!
Seriously. My daughter cracks. me. up. When she opened up her dresses from Uncle Nathan, Aunt Traci and Jonas she started dancing with them. Here she is shaking her booty...
Ella was so excited when I went in to wake her up from her nap. As I've mentioned before, my girl gets so excited when I dress up. So, in honor of her birthday, I put on a dress. Her eyes lit up when I walked in the room...
Goofy girl. I had to light her candle again as we were half way through "Happy Birthday". She kept blowing it out!
Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:
Ella looks so happy, what a great birthday.
Haha! Love the last picture of Ella...too cute! ALL of the pictures are great. You are looking good, too! Dressing up...you are setting the bar high for the rest of us! LOL
I love her pretty pink finger nails!
so fun!
Jonas looks hilarious! He looks like a little cartoon character with that expression!
You are very welcome! I have truly enjoyed getting to "know" you and hope to keep reading for a while!
"Grandma Jackie" HAS to be your mom. You look exactly like her!
Congrats on your awards and your winnings! Yay! =D
Your picture story is too cute. Gotta be just like big brother.
Ella shaking her booty with her dresses is priceless! LOL
Just catching up for the last few days I've been away from blogland...
I love the randomness. I get to that point sometimes, too. And I love the new blog look, and how exciting that you get a button! Can't wait to see it!
Cute pictures and funny stories. Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment