*****Repost from 11/6/08*****
I wish I would have asked God for a sign this morning. I should have asked him if it was worth it to even attempt to pick up my house. I should have asked him what was more important... paying attention to my perfect 2 year old or making beds, doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, etc. If I would have asked, I would have been answered with this...Or perhaps, the answer might have come in the form of something else entirely...
After hiding away in my laundry room and folding the long neglected towels I came downstairs to find Brenton shoving handfuls of mini-marshmallows in his mouth. Nice. Apparently his lunch of hot dog and pears was not good enough for him. Really nice.
Or maybe I could have had a sign when I walked into the kids bathroom to see Brenton's face covered in toothpaste. His hands were a brilliant white and his tummy and legs were looking pasty as well. Really. Not kidding.
Amazingly, I'm sure by the grace of God, I have not lost it today. I'm actually smiling at the fact that my child is a crazy handful. He is mischievous. He is curious. He is a dumper. Maybe he'll be a scientist someday. The benefit in all of it? My kids are getting really good at cleaning up his messes. If they argue that they didn't make the mess so they shouldn't have to clean it up, I come back with, "that's fine. I don't get your clothes dirty or make your bathroom all dirty either. I can go ahead and not clean those up." Aren't I compassionate?
So, as I waste another day on trying to get my house in order, I'll leave with a glance at this great picture. The kids were giving each other back rubs and back scratches this morning. What perfect kids I have.
I'll also just sit here and wish I would have asked for a sign. If I had I would have such a great excuse to give to my sweet, wonderful and God fearing husband. Sorry honey, God said so.
4 comments:
First of all...I love your header! What a great picture of the children, with you and hubby in the background!
Second, the pictures of your children giving back rubs/scratches is just adorable. They are little dolls!
Third, the toilet paper....hahahaha! That's a hoot!
Have a great weekend...
Beth E.
I agree with Beth - I love that picture of you guys! I like the new background, but kinda liked the one you had up yesterday better. Just my unsolicited opinion! This one IS cute, though!
I remember this post the first time around. Sounds like a typical Piper day. I have pictures of her with cotton candy all over her face, blue paint all over her face, toothpaste, vaseline, you name it, she's tried it.
You sound like me, when my kids say "I didn't make the mess", I shoot back with "I didn't get your undies dirty".Point made?
Thank you for this... I think I will ask God tomorrow and we'll see if I can get away with not making dinner! :)
Ondrea
Post a Comment