What I don't love... my habits that have gone out the window. My habits that have crept in, ever so quietly. I don't love that I've neglected my coffee talk with God. I don't love that my children have had to wait "one more minute" one too many times. I don't love that I've become so addicted. Yes. Addicted.
I find myself sad that the day is gone when I kiss my kids goodnight. I wish we would have played more. Gone on more walks. Laughed more. Listened more.
I find myself missing God. Talking to him at night just doesn't cut it. I end up falling asleep in the middle of the conversation... if someone were to do that to me, I would absolutely be hurt. Feel neglected. I miss our coffee talk.
Last night I went to sleep praying. I started with thanking the Lord for all my amazing blessings. I then went on to pray for all the many people that are on my prayer list... those I know in real life and those I've discovered in blogland. I then went on to apologize for my behavior. I made a promise to God... He and my children get my morning. All of my morning. No longer will I sit down as soon as the kids are out the door to blog. Just can't happen anymore. No quick glances. No "just a minutes". No computer. Nothing.
Holy cow. Who knew it would be so hard? I was up throwing the diapers in the dryer this morning and seriously thought to myself, "I could just go check really quick. They would never know. They don't even know I made the promise in the first place." Wow. Satan is smooth! I could just hear him hissing at me. The point is, I didn't promise my children. I promised God. I could just see myself, standing at the gates and there's God... "remember when you made me that promise??" I finished my job and went straight downstairs to my beautiful children.
So, here at sit. At a different time of day. And just fine. Praising the Lord for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and more chances. Praising the Lord for the amazing blessing of my children. Praising the Lord that I GET to have my coffee talk with Him. Even praising the Lord for blogland, because it is a good thing. As long as I keep it all in perspective...
___________________________________________________________________
And since I was talking diapers, I just have to share... this is not for the easily disgusted. If you are, move on by...
I found a funny thing in the wash today. While moving the diapers from washer to dryer I noticed a weird looking object. Almost papery. I then realized just what it was and wanted to pass on a bit of advice...
Whenever you give your child a cupcake, make sure you REMOVE the paper baking cup BEFORE they enjoy the treat. It just does NOT digest well.
____________________________________________________________________
And since I was speaking of blessings, I have to share these...
My bloggy friend Megan just bestowed this award on me. I have to say this is one of my absolute favorites and I was SO excited to see it. If you know me in real life or have read most of my posts, you'll see why...

Thanks Megan!!! I LOVE hugs!
The rules on this one? I'm to pass it on to 10 people who make me feel special. There are so many more than 10, so that's a hard one, but since I neglected to pass the last awards on and felt SO guilty about it, I will follow the rules. Here they are in random order...
Dee
Amy
Danyele
Kelli
Beth E.
Liz
Jen
Trish
Krista
Heidi
I know most of these women in real life and some through blogging. They are amazing. They are women who have so encouraged me whether it be with just a hug or with their words. I am so blessed to know them... Some have encouraged me with their comments on my blog. Or maybe an email saying how they have been blessed by me sharing my experiences. And like I said, some have just been such an encouragement with just their hugs. God has blessed me beyond words...
____________________________________________________________________
The rules on this one? I'm to pass it on to 10 people who make me feel special. There are so many more than 10, so that's a hard one, but since I neglected to pass the last awards on and felt SO guilty about it, I will follow the rules. Here they are in random order...
Dee
Amy
Danyele
Kelli
Beth E.
Liz
Jen
Trish
Krista
Heidi
I know most of these women in real life and some through blogging. They are amazing. They are women who have so encouraged me whether it be with just a hug or with their words. I am so blessed to know them... Some have encouraged me with their comments on my blog. Or maybe an email saying how they have been blessed by me sharing my experiences. And like I said, some have just been such an encouragement with just their hugs. God has blessed me beyond words...
____________________________________________________________________
And because I'm now getting a little winded even for me and because my time is running out, I just have to share this...
And this...

I won a blog button from my friend Cassandra and she and her hubby made the first one. Well, that got me inspired and I decided to have some fun with it too! So, with a little help from Cassandra and time (I'm working on that!) I created the next 2. It was fun. And addictive. Darn it!
So, I now have a, scratch that, 3 buttons for my blog. I figured for a girl who can't keep the same background for long, I better have more than one button too! If you want one, grab the code on the side bar.
Happy Wednesday!
6 comments:
Thanks for the Hugs Mere!
I love your buttons! I've been waiting for you to post them. I've already put one on my blog :)
Im looking forward to our playdate on Tuesday!
Thanks Mere! You are an inspiration and your journey inspires all of us! You are a such a wonderful mom, and I must say--writer! Love it! :-)
I wish we lived next door because we would SO be friends! This is so true and I've been praying to simplify. I LOVE blogging and don't plan on stopping but I need to not have it BE me. Not only for my blog but I get so caught up in others that I don't focus on my own life. I've deleted some blogs from my favorites that I just don't need to read. I have been falling asleep on Him too and it's not acceptable. He's deserves ALL of me. And yes Satan is smooth and slick, watch out!
And thanks so much for my award! I've enjoyed getting to know you.
LOL So I guess some little one ate the cupcake and "all"? Oops! heehee
You are more than welcome for the award. You totally deserve it! =D
And I LOVE your buttons! So fun!
Love the buttons! Very cute...
I feel the same way about blogland, it can be so great connecting with others, but it is so easy to get sucked in. I was thinking about a similar thing today and how I spend time on unnecessary things and neglect my time with God. Thanks for sharing your heart!
I will refrain from calling you in the mornings :-)
Miss you!
Post a Comment