Cory asked me this morning if I was okay. To which I responded, "I'm tired. I'm hungry. And I'm crabby. I don't want it to be Monday." His reply? Little twit, "Oh but, it's Not Me Monday!!! Your favorite thing about Mondays!! I bet you even have it all ready in your head, don't you?" Then he elbows me in the ribs and gets a giggle. Love you honey! Thanks.
So here we are, it's Not Me Monday. This little bit of fantasticness was started by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. It truly is one of the things that makes Monday more bearable for me. A time when I can purge all the things that I, of course, would never do, would never have said to me, would never think, etc.
When answering the door last night for Bible study, my friend's sweet almost 4 year old little girl did not take one look at my tummy and look up excitedly to say, "you have a baby in your tummy!!!" To which I did not reply by saying, "no honey, I don't, I've just had lots of babies and I just have a big belly." I did not feel terrible for her parents because I can only imagine how I would feel. I did not take this comment to heart after all, it was not the first day of my period. I was not already bloated and feeling like crap. I do NOT have more weight to lose than I care to admit. And Cory and I had not just had a conversation about what I can do ABOUT my issues. I do NOT have issues. I do NOT have way too much weight to lose. My body is NOT unrecognizable. And I do NOT have issues!!! Nope. Not me.
So this morning, I did not eat 3 egg whites cooked with 1 cup of spinach for breakfast...
My husband did not get a good laugh out of me this week when watching me grab a couple q-tips on my way to the bathroom. He did not laugh and wonder what in the world I was doing while I proceeded to clean my ears and pee at the same time. I did not then ask him what he was laughing about and I did not respond by proudly saying that I was multi-tasking. What he fails to realize is that unless I multi-task these things they will get long neglected. My bladder would explode. I would be deaf. Bad things would happen. But, of course, I would NEVER dream of cleaning my ears while peeing. That would be a bit gross... Nope. Not me.
I did NOT get a little chuckle this week as I raced out of our neighborhood on Thursday night. I did not laugh at the fact that as I was racing away from my house and children, my neighbor was racing home to be in her house with her child. I did not find it funny that we were on opposite missions. She - working full time. 1 year old baby. Hates to be away. Can't wait to hold him in her arms. Me - Had not been out of the house since SATURDAY and it was now THURSDAY. Had been taking care of sick kids for TWO weeks. Done. Of course, I love my children and I would NEVER race away from them. And if I did, I SURELY would NOT enjoy EVERY second that I got to spend with my friend while we enjoyed a nice, delicious, cup of coffee. Absolutely not...
And I was NOT the least bit sad when I used up the last of my Starbucks card. (okay, not the last, there is about $.75 left) I was not then excited that at least my birthday will be here in 6 weeks and maybe, just maybe, I'll get another one for my birthday. I do NOT like to have a Starbucks treat every now and then and I have NOT been having one more now than then lately... Nope. Sure haven't.
Oh and I surely did NOT change my background AGAIN. Nor am I planning on changing it AGAIN. I do not change it with my mood. I do NOT miss the one I had before... to find it's been taken. I do NOT intend on changing my background today because it's of course, NOT raining and cold AGAIN and my current background is MUCH too springy for THIS weather!
Finally, I have not fallen more in love with my sweet children and wonderful husband this week. I did not feel entirely blessed to come racing home to a clean house on Saturday morning right before Ella's birthday party. I was NOT entirely thankful that I have such an amazing husband. I did not melt into Brent's hand as he snuggled on my lap Saturday night and put his hand up to my cheek to gently pull my face closer to his. I did not get a little lump in my throat and have the biggest smile on my face as I watched Ella sing and dance to Barbie and the Diamond Castle. (Of course, my daughter would never watch that!!) I did NOT love that I got a Saturday morning with just Jack and I. I was not loving every second as we walked through the store holding hands...
There you have it... have a giggle. Have a laugh. Then tell me... what did you NOT do this week??
8 comments:
I DID NOT just eat breakfast in front of your NOT ME MONDAY!
I DID NOT care less about the Oscars! I did not enjoy my home group more.
I did not wake up at 4:30 this morning to a bloody period! I'm not in any way depressed that I started and surely don't feel like a garbage disposal with a waste line up at least two sizes.
We can't be bloatie together!
I SO pee and clean my ears at the same time! Multi tasking...it's what we have to do.
I did NOT wake up after 11:30 this morning and then immediately sit down at the computer.
I love your multi-tasking skillz!
Sounds like you've got some keepers in your household. ;0)
When you can pee and clip your toenails at the same time, you will be able to call yourself a "multitasker extraordinaire"! Hehe
These are great Not Me's!
Thanks...I needed to laugh out loud today!!! I love the multi-tasking..I totally woudn't do that either...haha
You crack me up Mere! The blog looks great! I am quite impressed! So does that mean you don't want that button code now?
great ones, mere.
I do not need to get off this computer so I can get something done before Trevin wakes up.
Love the new blog look, and I'm sure I'll love the next one! Glad you had some quiet time this week!
Post a Comment