Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome back to Not Me Monday. The fantastic blog carnival was started by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. It makes Mondays fun. It make Monday something to look forward to. It makes me laugh... and oh how I need that sometimes!! Like I said, it's fantastic!!

So, without further delay, here are the things that if anyone were to ask, I most certainly did NOT do...

While getting ready for bed last night, I was not so tired that minutes after I had taken my contacts out I did NOT go to push my glasses up higher on my nose only to realize I had not yet put my glasses on. I am NOT so used to pushing them up because they are broken and do not stay up well. My glasses are perfect. Why would I continue to wear broken ones. And I am definitely NOT so tired that I would think my glasses were on when they weren't.

Cory and I are NOT so exhausted from taking care of sick kids that we felt drunk when having to wake up for the 3rd time one night... we did NOT figure out that we had gotten up about 6 times a night for 3 nights in a row. I have not been wondering if there has ever been some sort of study on the effects of sleep deprivation while taking care of sick kids. And I am definately NOT done with having sick kids. My kids are the picture of health. And they are absolutely NOT crabby and whiney when they do happen to get sick... And I would absolutely NOT be crabby because of it. Nope. Not me.

While taking care of said sick children, I did not proceed to wear the same sweats day after day after day. If I did, I sure would not do that simply because I did not want to get puke, snot, or slobber on any other clothes. Why bother getting other clothes dirty. And I most definitely am NOT DONE with doing laundry that consists of puked on towels, washcloths, pillows and blankets.

And I most definitely did NOT call my friend on Thursday night wanting to know if she wanted to meet me in Palm Springs. I was NOT wanting to run away. I was NOT dreaming of dreaming all through the night with NO interruptions. I was NOT wishing I could just lay by a pool and read...

Speaking of reading... while taking care of said sick kids, I did NOT read the entire 2nd book in the Twilight series in 2 days. I do NOT love that at least I get sweet snuggles out of my babies when they are sick. And I did not get the slightest bit of enjoyment from not feeling guilty from sitting on the couch for hours. I was taking care of sick kids after all. But wait... My kids aren't sick. I would never sit on the couch for hours at a time. And I most definitely do not read for hours on end. I just don't... Really.

Finally, I am NOT the least bit sad that my princess is turning 4 tomorrow. I have NOT already taken gobs of pictures of said princess. And I am NOT the least bit excited to do a whole post all about her. I am not in awe of how quickly the last 4 years have gone. Not one little bit...

It's been a long week. I'm a wee bit tired. Can't wait to see what everyone else has NOT done this week... Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

4 years old..oh my. and we have so done the snot, slobber, and puke here. what a fun time had by all!

and if you ever need any help HELPING your palm springs friend, you just let me know.

Beth E. said...

Blechhh...I cannot deal with puke! When my kids were little, if they threw up I would throw up right beside them! I have a very weak stomach. In fact, just reading your post about puke makes me a little queasy! :op Haha...j/k

Hope everyone in your house feels better soon! Oh, and if you need someone to join you in Palm Springs, call me! LOL

Audrey said...

So so sorry about your sick kids. That would NOT be easy, especially when it hits all of them at one time or another. Praying for you guys!

And happy 4th birthday to your dear Ella! It's the best day to have a birthday, if you ask me :)

Dee said...

uuuuug,,,,,my computer did NOT just erase my huge list of what I didn't do......

Erica said...

Oh, we did NOT just deal with our little birthday princess having the flu for 4 nights in a row, starting on her birthday. I have NOT read the Twilight series 3 times and loved it more each time, and you should NEVER feel guilty for sitting on the couch for hours!! Especially if you're reading!!!