Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday



It's Not Me Monday and man have I been looking forward to this! I love that MckMama got this whole thing started. I love that she's kept it going. She's great. Have I said that? Go check her out..

After my WEEK'S (well almost) vacation from blogging. I feel like my brain is going to explode. I have all this information and have been waiting quite impatiently to get it all out... So, without further delay...

My husband most definitely did not ask me last night if I was all ready and excited for Not Me Monday. I do not love blogging that much. I do not get that many giggles out of everyone's posts. I just don't...

While my sweet husband was gone this weekend, I did not try to come up with fun things to do. I did not then decide that we would get a movie and popcorn, only to walk out with THREE movies, 2 boxes of popcorn, and 2 different flavors of ice cream. I am not that easy to convince. It did not only take my children saying "please" ever so sweetly. I did not feel compelled to spoil them because it so rarely happens. I did not decide to say, "yes" because I so often say, "no"... I'm a much nicer mom than that and I do this ALL the time!

While having said movies in our possession, I did not allow my children to watch them over and over and over again, only so we could get our money's worth... they were only $1 a piece after all. And I did not keep them ALL weekend long because I was too tired to go into town and return them. I do not now have to pay $9 instead of $3 and I am not now letting Ella watch Tinkerbell just one last time... my children simply do not watch that much television and I definitely would not use said movies to entertain my children so I could get other things done. Nope. Not me...

Speaking of, I absolutely did NOT procrastinate and do all sorts of crazy cleaning projects on Saturday just so I didn't have to sit down and read a book I'd been dreading. I did not then end up staying up until 2:00 am reading... NOR did I pick up that darn book again first thing in the morning and continue to race through it. NO fictional book could be that interesting. Not to mention, I would never get so engrossed in a book that I would let my children watch the same 3 movies over and over and over again. Remember, I did NOT rent 3 movies, I do NOT allow my children to watch that much television, I do NOT procrastinate, and I do NOT get THAT into books... Seriously.

Furthermore, I would NEVER actually post about reading said book. Why would I admit to such things... I wouldn't.

While taking a break from blogging, I did not proceed to change my background. Again. I don't like change. I eat the same thing every. Single. Day. I am a creature of habit. Why would I feel the need to change my background? I don't. I did not spend hours scouring websites only to come upon some fabulous cute, FREE, backgrounds. I did NOT have an incredibly difficult time choosing because I make decisions very quickly and easily. I do not have issues and my wonderful 7 year old did not ask me, "mom, when are you going to get off the computer?" with such pleading in his voice that I then had to turn and shut down the whole darn thing. As I've already established I'm an amazing mom who never neglects her children and I NEVER spend too much time on the computer. Ever.

Speaking of free backgrounds, you will not find them here, or here, OR here. So, don't go look. Just don't. They are NOT cute. They are NOT fun. They are NOT difficult to choose from... especially if you are issue free, like me.

While sleeping last night, I did not have a disturbing dream that a guest had gotten poop all over my toilet seat. NOR did I kick my husband while trying to get my foot out of the covers. I was NOT so tired from getting 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before that I could NOT figure out what direction I was facing... causing me to kick my foot out, looking for some cooler air, causing me to kick my husband in the process. I would simply NOT be that tired and out of it and I would NEVER kick my husband.

And he was NOT so tired from an amazing weekend away golfing, that he didn't even notice...

When picking Cole up from the church retreat yesterday, I did not send Jackson and Ella in to get him simply because I had just thrown my sweats on, my teeth weren't brushed, and I looked dreadful. There is NO way I would send my 5 and almost 4 year old into church by themselves. I would never look that terrible and nor do I care if I did. And I was not a wee bit embarrassed when opening the back of the car and I knew the gal pulling up behind me. When walking up to say hi, I was not super aware at how great she looked and I sure didn't notice that she smelled good too. I did not then feel the need to take a little step back so she couldn't smell my stinky breath or see just how nasty I was... Of course, I always look beautiful. Of course, I don't care what people think. Of course...

And finally, if you were to ever ask my children, I did not feed them cereal for every meal on Saturday simply because that's what they wanted to eat. Remember? I'm a great mom. I do not just let my children do whatever they want. And I absolutely do NOT declare cooking free weekends when my husband is away. Of course, I ALWAYS cook amazing meals. Regardless of who is here. Yep. I sure do.

So, there you have it. My incredibly short list. Hope you enjoyed... what did YOU not do this week? Head on over to MckMama's , make yourself comfortable, and see what others did NOT do as well... Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey said...

With all the things you did NOT do this weekend, it sounds like you had a good time with the kiddos!

Thanks again for the get together on Saturday night. It was really fun to hang out and connect with some great gals.

Audrey said...

oh, and I love the new background, by the way...I definitely have to limit my computer time...this week, I definitely did NOT tell Bryce one night that we could hang out after I got my blog post done because I "needed" to do it. I love my hubby way too much to EVER put computer time before him!

Jennifer said...

hey mere, I totally related to a lot on your list. Thanks for making me feel better :) I hope we can find time to get together soon.

Eryn said...

I LOVE that you fed your kids cereal all day on Saturday! I mean, you didn't. Never.

Beth E. said...

Hahaha! These were great!

Kicking your husband...I might just have to use that excuse sometime. LOL Juuuuust kidding!

I love cereal. I could eat it for every meal, too!

Have a great week1

annaliese said...

oooh...I don't ever do any of those things either!

Julie D. said...

yes! but now i'm playing around on that knotty moose site. i like the matching headers! thanks for the links!

Kelli said...

Welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging.

Dee said...

I'm so glad you did NOT have much to blog! You're so cute!

I was not a psycho, garage cleaning momma barking out orders to every one last night. And I did NOT donate my huge box of junk to Salvation Army. And I did NOT think about mopping my garage floor. I would NEVER want my garage that squeekie clean!

Missed you on Saturday. I'll give you a call soon.

Megan said...

Haha Loving your NOT ME's this week! =D