Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Me Monday



It's Not Me Monday again. The thing that makes Mondays bearable... laughable even. The day that anyone and everyone can admit all the things they did without feeling judged. The day where we just get to let it all go. Where we can admit our failures and it's all good... not that ANY of us would EVER have ANY failures. Nope. Not me. This whole thing was started by MckMama. I've said it before and I'll say it again, go check her out. You'll be hooked. She's got a great little community over there and you're bound to make some new friends.

Now, without further delay...

While typing the first paragraph of this very blog, I did not down an entire cup of coffee. I am not sitting here wishing I could snap my fingers and have my 2nd cup magically appear. I am not wishing I would have slowed down a bit so that I could have stretched out the enjoyment. I do not now NEED to take a break to go get that 2nd cup. Not me...

Ahhhhh. Much better.

I did not consume 4 cups of coffee over the day on Friday. I would NEVER need to do that. I was not completely wiped out after traipsing through Target with my 3 small kiddos. I was not then forced to purchase a latte with my Starbucks gift card so that I could then make it through Costco and Winco...

And I did not go to said establishments in my sweats, greasy hair and no make-up. That would be downright embarrassing. And I did NOT run into two of my friends... Again. That would be embarrassing. Of course I ran the other way...

When running into the first friend, I did not know she was going to be there because I had already called to check. We have not seen each other the last 4 times we have gone to Costco. And I did not cry when said friend mentioned something about her birthday and I realized I had forgotten to call. I was not crying because I felt like a TERRIBLE friend. I wouldn't have to. I'm an amazing friend who NEVER forgets. No need to cry. I wouldn't have forgotten! And besides, I'm not a cryer...

When running into the second friend, I was not overjoyed to see her. I had not been wishing that very morning that I would run into her at Target since that was the last place I had seen her over a year ago. I did not wish that we could have chatted longer. And I did not feel the need to get going because my children were definitely standing there calm and composed. I would never have to hurry a conversation due to my children's behavior. We all know that they are well behaved 100% of the time...

I did not realize on my way home that I was wearing sweats, greasy haired and had no make-up on when running into my friends. I did not love that it didn't matter. I did not love that they're true friends. The kind that could care less what you look like. The kind that will love you and give you a big old hug. I did not totally need those hugs on Friday... Nope. Not me. I don't need no stinkin' hugs...

When going to a marriage seminar on Friday night, I was not totally elated that my sweet hubby treated me to a Starbucks latte. I did not even think twice about having my 2nd Starbucks of the day. Nor, did I hesitate when I realized that this would be my 4th cup. I am not loving my coffee these days. I would never choose coffee over food. I do NOT thoroughly enjoy it because there is NO wheat or gluten in it and I don't even have to think about it... That would be unhealthy. That would be a bit lazy. That would be ridiculous. Nope. Not me...

I did not eat healthier this week. Forgoing the chocolate bars and ice cream. I like those things way too much! I am not motivated to eat healthier and get a little exercise not only so I don't have to divulge such information, but also because I realized my birthday is in 2 months. I am not hoping to fit into my regular clothes by my birthday so that I can just be done with this. I wouldn't have to. I've already established I'm a healthy eater with a perfect body. Why would I need to change anything... I wouldn't. Nope. Not me...

I have not stood at Ella's doorway. Staring into her room. Staring at her new, REALLY big, big girl bed. I do not love that my parents gave her their really old bed. I am not enjoying her excitement over her new bed. I am not in awe over how big she is getting. And I surely am not a little bit sad when I think about the fact that she is almost 4...

While at Target this week, I did not buy my son Lightening McQueen sheets for his "new" big boy bed. I did not tell him that the other character that he wanted did not match their room just because I don't like said character. I do not feel that Lightening is a wee bit cooler... I would never deprive my child of the sheets he wants just because I don't like them. And I would never admit to thinking that Lightening is one of the cooler children's characters... Nope. Not me. I'm a much nicer mom than that...

And while talking about said sheets with our babysitter, I did not feel the least bit old when she said that she remembered her friend having the forbidden character on his lunchbox. I was not blown away by the fact that said character had been around for that long. I am simply NOT that old. We did not then realize later when talking about TV shows that she was only 1 when we were freshmen in college. I am NOT that much older than her. Our freshman year was NOT that long ago. Was it?

Continuing with the sheets... I did not purchase them with the giftcard that he got for Christmas. Of course I would buy him toys with said giftcard. There is no way I would ever use it on something practical like sheets. Again, I'm a much nicer mom than that. Yep. That's me.

Furthermore, he is NOT the first child that I have allowed to even have character sheets. Of course each of my children have been able to have as many character things that they have wanted. I simply don't care about such things. And there is no way that I would ever comment that the lucky last child gets all the fun stuff. Nope. Not me. First of all, of course I would treat all my children the same. Second, I'm a much nicer mom than that. We've already established that. Remember?

And finally, I am not just a wee bit glad that Jackson is not feeling great this morning. I am not a bit excited because now I don't feel like we can go to the grocery store. Of course I'm frustrated that I can't drag my 3 small kiddos to the store. I love going to the store... It's my favorite.

There you have it. Not the most exciting, but me nonetheless. So, what did you not do this week?




5 comments:

Wayne said...

GReat not me monday I have done the same with a can of cola before. I have downed a entire can before I have begun my not me monday.

Wayne said...

I was also wondering if you would like to take part in Tribute Tuesday. A blog I have created for people To pay tribute to some one who has inspierd you in some way. Or someone who has made your life better by knowing them. or a loved one, or maybe just a way of saying thankyou to someone. I have a mr linky so the world can see your tribute to that someone who brightens up your life. Please feel free to come take a look and participate in Tribute tuesday.

Dee said...

I did not watch the Super Bowl so I could just watch the commercials.

I did not eat skittles for lunch yesterday.

Beth E. said...

Wow - great Not Me's! You've been busy...and thirsty! haha I wouldn't have slept for days if I'd had two lattes in one day. Shew! ;o)

I appreciate your kind words about my Not Me's...That's just my crazy life! It got even crazier this morning, but then that's for another Not Me post!

Blessings...

Megan said...

Haha I think you love your coffee just about as much as me...maybe even more! LOL

And I love that you told your little guy his sheets didn't match his room so he couldn't get them! TOO FUNNY! I bet I would've done the exact same thing!