You were a surprise to us. A giggle from God. We never thought we would ever be surprised and yet, there we were, shocked. My pregnancy with you was so unlike your brothers that I was sure you were a girl. However, because we already 2 boys, I was sure we would have another. When the ultrasound tech said you were a girl, tears started streaming down my face. I was beyond excited.
You scared us a bit when your brain showed cysts that can be indicators of trisomy 18. For weeks, I prayed. For weeks I was terrified. Terrified that the baby girl that surprised us so... that the baby girl that we were so excited about... that the baby girl we so desired... would be going straight to Heaven.
Words cannot describe how we felt when the Dr. told us that you would be okay. That your cysts were gone. That every piece of you was perfect. I went straight home and went shopping for all sorts of little girl things. Everything pink!
You entered this world and were such an angel. I was so worried that I would not be a good mom to 3. I was so worried because Jackson was only 17 1/2 months old when you were born. I soon found that my worries were silly. You were such a wonderful baby. The boys did great. You were and continue to be an amazing blessing!
You are a girly girl through and through. Yet, you have no trouble keeping up with your brothers. You love to dress up as a princess and have no problem getting dirty and playing pirates with your brothers...
You are so loved by your big brothers and you so love your baby brother. You are tender. Caring. Loving. Funny. Tenacious. You have your own opinion and will let it be heard.
You prefer dresses to pants. Especially if those dresses are frilly and poofy. You LOVE to dress up! You love to dance. You twirl. You sing songs. You are full of life and love!
My sweet girl. You call me your best friend and I take that as such a compliment. You are my girl. You are Daddy's girl. You love with your whole heart. You sweet soul shines through. You are amazing! You are beautiful inside and out.
I praise the Lord for how he has made you. I am so excited to see how He will use your tender heart. I am so excited to see where He will lead you... please just don't let it be too far away from me and Daddy!
Lord, thank you for blessing us with Ella. Thank you for knowing us better than we know ourselves. Thank you for giggling! She is more than I ever could have imagined. She brightens my days. She warms my heart. Thank you. I love you!
12 comments:
She's so adorable. I gave you an award. Stop by and check it out.
She is very cute!!! What a blessing little girls are!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday to sweet Ella.
What a wonderful array of photos, what a lovely young girl.
I have to tell you, reading her story, brought tears to my eye. I could of been reading Jillian's story exactly. She too was a complete surprise, and she too, had cysts on her brain. That miraculously disappeared!! I praise God every day for the miracle he gave me. And, he gave you one as well!
Thanks for sharing. Amazing how we have walked some of the same path.
You are so blessed to have a sweet little girl. She is so adorable and seems like such a sweetheart.
she is so stinkin cute. happy birthday to sweet ella!
Oh she's so cute!
I remember when you told me you were pregnant with her. I don't remember what I said, but it was probably rude. I was shocked! Our kids were the same age, and I just couldn't imagine going through another pregnancy yet. And look who you were blessed with? She's just beautiful!
Happy Birthday Ella! You are a precious little girl. I always love to see you smile. I pray that you will continue to grow into the beautiful youg lady that God has planned for you.
she is more than precious...and i didn't know her little "cyst" story. amazing...and god works again!
i love the pics...has the cutest face ever!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. She is just the sweetest, most beautiful little girl!! Happy Birthday Ella!!
very sweet post. happy birthday to God's princess Ella - may this year bring many more giggles and great stories!
Okay, you have me crying all over the place! LOL You have a beautiful, precious little girl. Thank you for sharing the pictures. They are great! (I like the one of you and your belly, too!) :o)
Happy Birthday, Ella!
I love, love, love this post... what a wonderful celebration of the years that have led up to this birthday. Love all the pictures, she is so beautiful, she looks a lot like you, I think! Seems like quite a spunky, happy little girl.
Thanks for sharing... it has inspired me to write posts like this for my kids on their birthday. Great idea!
Post a Comment