Why would I cancel?? My throat has been hurting but I had just chalked it up to all of us being sick. However, when I took a peek in my throat on Friday night, I noticed the dreaded white spots on my tonsils. I have never had strep throat, but I've heard of those darn dreaded white spots...
My calm, cool and collected husband suggested that we wait until the morning. I could go to the same day clinic and we would decide from there. So, at 8:15, Jack and I headed out so that we could be first in line when the doors opened at 9:00.
As I mentioned before, I get a little anxious at the Dr. and I get really anxious when there's a line. We were first in the parking lot. I sat waiting in the car because I didn't think the main doors would be open. A couple pulls up, hops out and goes inside. I sat wondering... were those nurses? Dr's? Patients?? Another car pulled up a few minutes later and we decided to head on in. The couple ended up being patients. So, although we were there first, we were now 2nd in line... darn it!
Jack and I did have a nice little date though. He sat in my lap. I read his Bible to him. It was fantastic to get some one on one time with him. We both ate it up! It was a wonderful Saturday morning together, complete with a Dr.'s office, sick people and snuggles.
We got called back quickly. I had asked that they take a look at Jack too since his ears had been bugging him for awhile. Poor boy. She took a look at his "good" ear and saw that it was infected. She moved over to the "bad" ear and said, "oh my, I can sure see why your ear hurts so bad". Twisting a knife in my chest would have had about the same effect. I felt so bad for him. I knew his ears weren't great, but I never imagined they were THAT bad.
She moved onto me and I was so thankful to hear that I did not have strep. She said they've been seeing lots of nasty throats and there are lots of other reasons other than strep to have the dreaded white spots. Phew! The party could go on!
We raced to the store, dropped the prescription off, used up the last of my Starbucks gift card, picked up some Tinkerbell cupcakes and headed home. My heart was racing as I pulled up to the house at 10:40. Thankfully, my amazing husband, had cleaned up the house and all I had to do was put the food out, make coffee and get little miss dressed.
The girls had fun playing. I so enjoyed being able to visit with my friends. And now, Ella can in all confidence say, "I am 4!" Happy Birthday sweet Princess... please just don't go growing too fast!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to your sweet four year old!!
I am sorry for the ear infection. My little Jill has had a slew of them. She got tubes in Dec, and hasn't had one in almost 3 mos!! Yay for her!
I cannot believe how long her hair is!! She looks so grown up! ['m glad she had a fun party :-)
I'm so glad you were able to have the party! Looks like it was loads of fun.
Sorry about your son's ear infection. Our youngest son, Bo, had numerous infections until he got older. The doctor hinted at tubes only once, and antibiotics seemed to work, so we didn't have to go the route of tubes. Yay. :o)
I hope YOU are feeling better now. It's tough when mommies get sick!
Have a great week! Oh, and stop by my blog (if you haven't already done so). I'm having a Pay It Forward contest! Read my post for all the details.
Blessings...
Beth E.
What a day Meredith! I know it was stressful but I'm glad it worked out for your baby girl. I'm sure her smile made it better. And what great snuggle time, even if it was a the doctor.
Awwww, that's so cute she didn't want to officially be 4 till all celebrations were had.
So glad you didn't end up having strep! It is NO fun! Whenever my throat hurts I immediately think it's strep and Kyle always rolls his eyes at me because only 2 times have I been right. LOL
Post a Comment