It's Not Me Monday... again. The day where you can let it all out. Where you can admit to the world (or anyone who wants to read) all the wonderful things you did in the past week. Of course, I would never do any of those things, but you get the picture. This whole thing was started by MckMama and if you haven't been there yet (which judging by the fact the she, alone, is my MOST popular exit link, I think you have!) Go. There. Now. She's funny. Real. And incredibly easy to relate to.
As for my Not Me's. There aren't many. It's been a long week. A tiring week. So, really, if anyone asks...
While on our way to church yesterday, I was not crabby because we had only gotten an inch and a half of snow. I did not find myself wanting to move. I did not suggest we move to Montana so that we could have the farm we want, the snow we want and so we could live in the middle of nowhere. I did not even go so far as to dreamily suggest that I could homeschool our kids if we moved to Montana. I know we can't move. Why would I want to? We live in the perfect state...
I was not so crabby AND antisocial yesterday, that I did not even want to go to church. GASP! My hormones are not rearing their ugly head. I did not try to avoid eye contact. I would never do that just so I wouldn't have to admit just how crabby I was. No one would want to hear that upon saying, "How are you?" I would never be that crabby. I would never allow my hormones to control me like that. Nope. Not me.
And even though the scale showed me at the same weight I've been at since September, I did not feel as though I had gained 20 pounds OVERNIGHT!! I was NOT cursing my hormones as I wrestled with my clothes. I did not feel like wearing sweats to church... only to find I had no clean ones. I am calm, cool, and collected. Again. I do NOT allow my hormones to control me like that. Nope. Not me.
While watching P.S. I Love You with Cory on Friday night I did NOT cry my eyes out. I did not feel entirely dehydrated by the end of the movie and feel the need to down a gallon of water. I would never cry that much over a movie. And I was NOT wishing I had some sort of idea what the movie was about BEFORE watching it... a warning would have been nice. I am NOT that morbid that I would wonder how in the heck I would be able to function if something like that happened to Cory. Of course, I can hold it together. Of course, I would never cry over a movie like that. Of course, I know it's ONLY a movie...
And I would NEVER talk about my stinkin' hormones so much in one post. My hormones do not control me. They would never cause me to be irrational. They do not cause me to bloat... enough said...
On Wednesday, when sitting through Cole's choir concert, by myself, with 4 kids, I did not allow my children to each bring a toy. I was not irritated by the fact that he had just told me about the concert the day before. I wouldn't have to be. He would have told us FAR enough in advance so that Cory would be able to come too. There is no way we would find out the DAY BEFORE. I did not allow Caden and Jackson to play their DS's during the entire concert. I did not allow Brenton to run his train ALL over his brother's heads. I was not entirely proud of Ella as she sat there completely silent. Enjoying every single second. I was not completely wiped out from attending said concert. I did not threaten to NOT attend if that ever happened again... Nope. Not me.
I did not try to eat much better this week so that I wouldn't feel the need to divulge all my shortcomings. Why would I be motivated by that? As I've already established, I'm an amazingly healthy eater. I wouldn't need to change my habits. And I did not do great almost all week... until my hormones came crashing in on Saturday. And Sunday. Again. I DO NOT allow my hormones to control me...
So, there you have it. All the things I did not do. But if I had, I surely wouldn't admit it... What did you not do this week?
11 comments:
Great list Mere! PS I Love You is one of my favorite movies! I have seen it at least 4 times & cried my eyes out every single time! But it's so so sweet! And I too don't think everytime I see it, what if that were me? OH MY NO!
Sounds like an icky few days! I hate that feeling! I read PS I Love You a few years ago before the movie came out...better than the movie, but way more sad, if you can believe it! So sorry that was a shock of a story to you. I can't imagine how it would feel to watch that movie, expecting a happy love story and getting THAT. Ughh!
Good ol' hormones! Gotta love 'em...NOT. lol
I remember those days...now I get to blame everything on menopause!
Thanks for visiting me again. :o)
Blessings...
I did not pull a "Meredith Pajama Day" yesterday while being a major scrapbook girl on a mission!
I did not stay in those jammers until evening to then get dressed to go out for dinner!
I would never do anything like that!
Oh PS..... I love you!
PS I love you is my FAVORITE chick flick. It moved Notebook to second! It's a deep movie that I was just thrilled to see Hollywood put out. I gave all my sister in laws and nieces that movie for Mother's Day last year.
Thanks so much for the verse you left in my comments... that is NOT going on my fridge tonight as my combat weapon of choice tomorrow if Satan shows up in my place again at the breakfast table! :)
I love PS I Love You too. One of my faves. I just noticed you have a Cory and Caden as well. Though my Cory is my 17 year old son.
I thought I'd pop over and read your Not Me post. It was cute (don't fret over the hormones - us girls understand! ha) It's nice to meet you today. :) Your blog is pretty and your family is beautiful. :)
I wanted to invite you to join me for Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane. Details are on my blog:
www.lynnettekraft.blogspot.com
We'd love to have you join us!
Have a blessed week!
Lynnette
Funny, but I thought when we passed you in the parking lot yesterday that you looked "not yourself".
Those darn hormones!
I will blog my not me's...
i am laughing bc when ryan sees that i'm NOT ina mood...he'll say "no talking. no making friends. we are outta here." yep, he sooooo does NOT do that!
Dang hormones!
*snicker* I'm GLAD we only got about an inch or so of snow. Sorry, I know you wanted more. :0P
Finding out about a concert the day before would definitely be frustrating! Eek!
Post a Comment