Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dear 2009

Dear 2009,

It's not a competition. Seriously. Just because 2006, 2007 AND 2008 decided to be challenging, does not mean that you need to one up them. No one likes a "one upper". I promise. It gets downright annoying.

I'm praying that you're a bit like having a baby. Painful during delivery, followed by some sleepless nights, and lots of beautiful, healthy growing moments.

I know I said I was excited for you. I know I said I couldn't wait to see what you had in store for us. I know I said that I love growing and was eager to see where we would be at the end of this year. Let me clarify. I was not excited for trials so early on. Really. I was excited to see the joy in this year. The beauty. I WAS NOT excited for trials.

I know that God never promised that life would be easy. I know that God never promised that life would be pain free. But really. Enough is enough.

Thankfully, God did promise to be faithful. Thankfully, God did promise that if we would allow Him, he would carry our burdens. Thankfully, God has carried me more times than I can count. Thankfully, He is always faithful. Thankfully, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that even if you continue to be a challenging year, that God will ALWAYS be with us. Fighting for us. Fighting for those we love. Using EVERYTHING for His glory. For His good.

Again. No need to one up. We will enjoy you so much more if we get to remember you as a peaceful year. A beautiful year. A year filled with wonderful blessings.

Sincerely,
Meredith

3 comments:

Amy said...

Come on, 2009. Give my sweet friend a break.

I've been wanting to talk to you for the past 2 days, but also want to give you space. I'm here, praying for you and here when you want to talk. Love you.

Shannon said...

You tell 2009 nine that it's gonna have to answer to ALL OF US if it doesn't leave you alone!!

love ya!

Cass said...

You are in my prayers constantly! I am "here" if you need an ear!

2009:Leave her alone or ya will have to deal with me!!!