Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Tried

We had the best of intentions. We headed to bed at 9:30 last night. As I mentioned, I'm tired. Cory thought we should try to get more sleep. I'm so thankful for a smart husband. However, our night did not go as planned...

I woke up at 2 am. I could not go back to sleep. Cory was awake too... Last time I looked at the clock was 4 am. At 5:45 I heard the pitter patter of little feet. My sweet boy said his tummy hurt. I pulled him into bed. Snuggled him. Praying he would go back to sleep.

He seemed to sleep in between twitching. Rubbing my face with his hand. Playing with my hair. He was so sweet. I was not sleeping. Neither was Cory.

6:09 I try to take him back to bed. Begging him to be quiet. Praying that he wouldn't wake everyone else. It took some convincing.

6:25 he's fast asleep. 6:30 the alarm goes off. Seriously. This is what we get for trying to get more sleep? Cory hits snooze twice. We never press snooze. We debate the 3rd time... if we press it, Cory has to take the kids to school... there is just no way we could ever expect Cole and Caden to get out the door on time. They shouldn't have to hurry because we chose to stay in bed. We get up.

Thankfully, I can still see with my eyeballs. The truck has yet to run over me. I'm praying that the morning goes smoothly. I'm praying that our trip to the stores is okay. I'm praying for God's patience. I know I won't have it. I'm praying we make it through the day with no major meltdowns.

I'm thankful the sun is shining. I'm thankful we'll be able to spend more time outside today. I'm thankful that I only have 1 load of laundry to go... 1 toilet to clean... lots of snuggling to enjoy.

Praying that my agenda does not get too crazy. Praying I can keep it simple and just enjoy the day... especially when I've had little sleep.

Thankful I get to have coffee with friends in the morning. Thankful I get to know these women more. Thankful. Thankful. Thankful...

6 comments:

Audrey said...

praying you get some rest!

Megan said...

Prayers for sleep tonight and patience today. =)

Amy said...

I too, am praying for your day. Hope the trip to the store was uneventful and stress-free!

I was going to say something else about your sleepless night, but I'd like to stay friends with you, so I'll keep my mouth shut (or my fingers from typing...?) :-)

Krista said...

praying for a restful and peaceful night. . .love you

Julie D. said...

oh bummer!wish i could be there tomorrow. I just think I'd get to stay 20 minutes by the time I get there and then have to go get Connor.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

coffee makes it all better...i'm telling you!