Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Not Kidding

I'm not kidding when I say I have an amazing sister in law. An amazing, "older" sister in law. An amazing, "older", gracious, sweet heart of a sister in law. If she has a mean bone in her body, I am not aware of it. You say sweet, I think Kristin. She even gets a little red in the face when I tease about you know what. She's flat out sweet.

So, imagine my surprise when I opened my gift from her on Saturday. I wasn't even expecting to receive anything from her. And yet, there I sat, all excited...

I loved them. My children loved them. Does it get any better? It did take Brenton a little while to see what all the fuss was about though...


Are you just dying to know... what could this fabulous present be? Just what could my amazing, "older", gracious, sweet heart of a sister have sent me? Here I am enjoying them with my cup of coffee...


Here's Ella striking a pose...


Jackson thought they were the coolest and was so sad to see them go...


Brenton finally realized how incredibly cool they were...


Here's an up close...


And finally, for the full view...


If you're still wondering just what in the world you are looking at, you can see another picture of them here...

Thank you my amazing, "older", gracious, sweet heart of a sister in law. I love you and Happy Birthday!!

********Edited to add: She truly did NOT even think about the colors she chose to decorate them with. I truly did NOT even think about it either... until she pointed it out. Which had been pointed out to her by my brother. Wow. Aren't we observant?

11 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, you were right. It was better to see it for myself than to have you verbally tell me! My concern, though, is what, exactly is the "brown" stripe running down the middle...? I KNOW Kristin wouldn't have sent you "used slippers". Eeeww!

Trish said...

I too am a little concerned by the yucky brown strip running down the middle of those slippers.........ewwww!

Other than that, I am laughting so hard right now that Cooper had to come see what I was laughing about.

vikki said...

oh my goodness! to funny!! needed the laugh, again!

Dee said...

N*I*C*E

Crazee Juls said...

LOL...that's awesome

Eryn said...

My first thoughts exactly! I had a gut feeling it was the slippers! I also wondered what the stripes are really made out of...do tell! E

Shannon D said...

the color was my immediate thought...really...no RED should be near those slippers!

Audrey said...

Wow...I have the same feelings everyone else does. Those colors are a little questionable...

Beth E. said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Toooo funny! Well, except the brown, of course. :o)

The Waddell's said...

Ok, so the Christmas colors do not work for this particular gift. :) Just wanted to keep it real and practical (ha,ha). :)

Mere you are a wonderful sister-in-law too! love, Kristin

Megan said...

I'm totally laughing my butt off...outloud! OMGOSH!!!

Last year ('07) around Christmas, I got the email about having no money so making everyone gifts (this being it) and I sent it to everyone I knew (almost), including my Mother-in-law. She said that when she first started reading it she thought I was serious.

HILARIOUS!! (and the brown stripe is rather gross, but adds to the total hilarity of it)