Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Have You Ever Realized

You are a fixer?

It's not your job?

You don't know which end is up?

You want to be fixed?

That pain and isolation are not necessarily bad?

That in helping people. Walking beside people. Serving people... You aren't always being helpful?

That sometimes things that you think have NOTHING to do with you, have everything to do with your heart?

That God is NOT concerned with pain reduction?

That God IS concerned with matters of the heart?

That it's NOT your job?

That you have to repeat that to yourself over and over. And then again?

That God can bring a lot of memories back? Ones you didn't even know bothered you all that much?

That sometimes, your life looks like a movie?

That you wish that movie was a comedy?

That you have been a fool?

That you have tried to teach a fool?

That you can't teach a fool?

That only GOD can teach fools?

That sometimes that hurts all involved?

That in trying to fix, you are not allowing God to do HIS good works?

That God is the ULTIMATE fixer?

That it's not your job?

That praying your guts out leads to absolute exhaustion?

That absolute exhaustion makes you want to run into the arms of your Maker?

That THAT is exactly where God wants you?

That you have never been more thankful for your family?

That you are so thankful that it's not your job?

That you are so very very thankful?

9 comments:

Kelli said...

wow, what prompted all that Mer?

Sheelagh said...

Yes, I often notice that I try to DO to much and end up exhausted, when it would have been better just to sit and wait it out.
Best of luck! I'm thinking of you and praying for you in a very nondescript sort of way for now.

Megan said...

(((HUGS))) & Prayers!!

vikki said...

praying for you! love you.

Trish said...

Hey, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

you are the most real person I know.

Eryn said...

good thoughts. Love you...have a great day tomorrow!

annaliese said...

excellent post. thank you!

meleea said...

yes, yes & yes! continuing to pray for you!

Jennifer said...

Hey Merideth, I know this is kind od late, but i've been thinking of you.