Friday, August 14, 2009

Cougar Camp

This was only our 2nd time camping as a family. A family with 5 kids, lots of clothes, diapers, wipes, food, life jackets, snacks, flip flops, tennis shoes, towels, wood, sunscreen, cooking supplies, chairs and lots of craziness.

By the time I got done packing and preparing our food for the weekend I was one crabby mom... completely ready to call the whole thing off and stay in my nice, comfy, air-conditioned house.

But, man oh man, I would have missed out! We had an amazing time and I was left wishing we could stay longer.

Camping...

Relaxing...

Swimming...

No laundry to wash...

No toilets to clean...

Just meals and dishes and off we go...

Who cares if the kids are filthy...

Who cares if our clothes are stained...

Wonderful. Fantastic. Camping. I can't wait to do it again!

We had such a wonderful time with my family and old family friends that we consider family. There were almost 20 kids in all and man did they have fun together.


6 comments:

Beth E. said...

HOW did I miss this post???!!! I just now found it.

You are one brave woman! My idea of "roughing it" is sleeping in a different bed than my own! LOL

Awesome pictures. I'm so glad that you had a good time. :-)

Amy said...

Yay! You're back!

I can't believe how much Brenton has changed since I last saw him. He doesn't look like a baby anymore and I kept thinking he was Jackson!

Liz Harlow said...

I give you SO much credit for camping with 5 kids!!!! You are amazing! Fabulous pictures Mere! You have such a beautiful family! ~Liz

Kelli said...

I would love to take an RV trip one year. All of your pictures are just great and it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Julie D. said...

so fun. looks like a great time!

Megan said...

I'm loving all of these pictures! Looks like you guys definitely had your share of fun! LOL