Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time With Family?

Amazing!

We were so blessed to be able to borrow our friends RV and head off to my brothers. To say it was amazing is actually an understatement. We were blessed more than we could have imagined.

To be able to spend an entire week AT my brother's house was spectacular. Our kids had so much fun playing together. I had such a wonderful time visiting with Kristin, my sister in law. I loved being with my brother...

I cried like a baby when we pulled away from their house...

I told Cory we could move...

Okay. Okay. I know that's not very realistic. I know there's things called jobs that are a bit necessary. But, being with my brother and his family was so special and something that happens way too rarely.

I loved being able to help him and his family. To not feel so useless. To be able to sit and chat with his wife. To be able to love on his kids. To watch our kids playing and laughing together.

During our visit I got to meet several of their friends from church. All seemed wonderful. All shared what a blessing Chris and Kristin are to their lives...

God shines right on through my brother and his wife. He is radiant. Their attitudes about life and cancer take my breath away. God has made one amazing couple and I know that He smiles as He watches over them.

I am so truly thankful for them. I am so thankful for a wonderful week with them. I cannot wait to do it again.

Love you Chris, Kristin, Connor, Brooklynn and Kyle!!

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Oh I hear ya! I LOVE being with my family. It seriously brings me so much joy! So glad you got to spend time with them. I think of your brother often.

Kelli said...

Sounds like a memorable trip...one to treasure. Can't wait till you can do it again.

Dee said...

aaah, melt my heart! God is so good! Miss you.

Jennifer said...

So glad you were able to do that. How fun! I cherish the couple times a year I get to spend with my sister in Montana. I so wish we lived closer.
p.s. Can you put your blog button back up? I seem to have lost the one I had.

Megan said...

So glad you were able to go and spend some time with them. Sounds like it was just what you needed. =)