Thursday, August 27, 2009

10 Minutes

10 minutes. It can seem like an eternity...

When waiting in line at the grocery store...

When driving home and your little one has to pee, "we'll be home in 10 minutes"

When being told you need to wait to push. Later being told you were only waiting for 10 minutes...

When you're late to work, church, an appointment...

When you're at said appointment and sitting in the room, in a gown, waiting...

10 minutes. Really. It can take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

But sometimes. 10 minutes is simply NOT enough..

When your 4 year old comes out of her room after 10 minutes, "can I wake up yet?"

When you tell your 13 year old that you need some quiet and he's back, hanging over your shoulder, 10 minutes later.

When you go to check email, blogs or whatever else might interest you and your 13 year old is back. Again. 10 minutes later.

When your 4 year old comes out AGAIN. 10 minutes later.

10 minutes. The blink of an eye. Or an eternity.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Oh so true Meredith!!! Just 10 minutes!

I went to bed mad last night....all because I hadn't gone 10 MINUTES without someone talking to me all day long. I finally just went to bed for some quiet. And I was really only looking for 10 minutes!