Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Breathtaking

After we left my brother's house, we spent the night at my parents. We so enjoyed our quick visit and hit the road early (well, early for us with 5 kids!) Saturday morning. We headed out for who knows where and decided to steer towards the Grand Coulee Dam. Neither Cory nor I had ever been there and it sounded like a good adventure. It was beautiful and we all enjoyed learning how dam's work and where the power goes.

I truly did NOT put her up to this. I just looked over and there she was...

Replica of the diving suits used by the divers while building the dam.

After leaving the dam we headed south to Dry Falls. It was breathtaking. If it were still a waterfall, it would be the worlds largest falls at 3.5 miles wide and a 400 and some odd foot drop. Crazy!

A look at Cory's sense of humor...

No. They weren't actually peeing.

From Dry Falls, we continued south in search of a campground with room for us and our home on wheels. Truly, I knew that we lived in a beautiful state. And truly, I had NO idea that it was THIS beautiful...
While driving along Banks Lake we had to scoop our jaws off the floor. Again. Breathtaking! We had to pull over just to take a longer look. Beauty for miles on end. Wonderful little campgrounds speckling the drive. After stopping by 2 in Sun Lakes we were starting to get a little worried. It was a Saturday night and we were in a big old RV and there appeared to be no room at the inn...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So fun to be seeing what you have been up to this summer! What a fun adventure. Your three youngest boys have the same hair cut as my Kevin :)

Amy said...

As you talked about the dam, I kept remembering this line from one of the Lampoon Vacation movies: "If you have any dam questions, I'll be your dam tour guide."

Random. And makes no sense if you didn't see the movie I'm referring to. So nevermind. Don't mind me. I had a venti java chip frapaccino a couple of hours ago.............

Kelli said...

Those pictures are breathtaking. What a sweet time with your family.

Megan said...

Amazing!! Looks like a fun little stop! =D