Thursday, August 27, 2009

What In The World???

I was getting in the shower the other day and Brenton happened to be in the bathroom with me. (He is my shadow. It's not surprising. He's always there with me.) As I stripped my clothes off he took one look. Got a shocked look on his face and exclaimed,

"YOU DON'T HAVE A PENIS?!?! WHAT IN THE WORLD???"

Calming down he then said,

"Where's your penis?? What in the WORLD?? WHY don't you have a penis, Mama?"

______________________________________________________________________

Last week, as Ella and I were getting in the shower, Ella asked,

"Mom, only girls can see girls naked, right?"

"Yes, babe."

"But, you and Daddy are married. So, you can see Daddy naked, right?"

"Yes, babe."

"So someday, when I get married..." Then she just giggles.

____________________________________________________________________

What in the world?? What is it with my kids, showers and nakedness?? And WHY is my 4 year old talking about seeing her naked husband?? I guess I should be thankful. At least she didn't say, "So someday, when I get older..." At LEAST she's waiting until she gets married!!

6 comments:

pistolsnprincesses said...

OMG! My son just had this same conversation with me today. "Mom, why can you and Daddy see each other naked?"
"Because we are married."
"So only married people can see each other naked?"
"Yes!"
"That's a weird joke."
Oh, it's no joke! Kids are so funny and curious. I love it!

Kelli said...

Yes, you are setting a good example obviously by her waiting until marriage. I love the giggle. And I love how worried Brenton was, poor thing. He thought you were broken.

Lee Ann said...

Oh and when you only have girls you miss out on some of these conversations.....no penis talk here.

Beth E. said...

Oh, these stories are hilarious! Reminds me of my boys when they were little. They wanted to talk about their body parts ALL. THE. TIME.

My oldest sat on Santa's lap when he was 3 yrs. and told him (along with everyone else within hearing range) that he wanted Santa to bring ME a penis for Christmas! Sheesh...

Audrey said...

I have loved reading your updates. Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! Hope you're doing well, gearing up for school. Amazing it's here already!

And I can't wait for those conversation I'll no doubt experience with Trevin :)

Julie D. said...

oh my word, I'm laughing out loud!! both stories are hilarious!