Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello Not Me Monday!

I haven't done a Not Me in quite some time. MckMama, quite understandably, stopped doing them for a bit while Stellan was in the hospital and I just never got back into them. Too tired. Too overwhelmed. Not on the computer much anyway.

HOWEVER. While Cory was gone this last week, I had lots of free time after the kids went to bed. I found myself looking for an old post and while doing that, happened upon my old Not Me's. I sat here smiling. Laughing. Remembering...

I love that each Monday was a peek into my world at that moment. There is nothing profound about any of them. Just real moments. Real time in my crazy head. Real time with my kids. Real time with my husband.

I decided to get back up on the Not Me horse so I can continue to keep a record of my life. So that in 10 years I can look back and laugh. And remember. Because I know that these years are already passing by way too quickly and I don't want to ever forget. Really.

Not Me Monday was started by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. It truly is fantastically freeing fun. Not to mention the wonderful benefits of laughter later in life. Head on over to MckMatma's to see what everyone else is NOT doing...

I did NOT cry amazing tears of joy last night when receiving a phone call from an old friend. I was NOT surprised to hear her voice because we NEVER talk on the phone and I was NOT completely blown away when she excitedly said, "I'm freaking pregnant!!!" Tears did NOT start streaming down my face. Nor are they welling up right now as I type. Of course I would never get THAT excited about my sweet friend being pregnant after trying for YEARS. I did not lay in bed last night unable to go to sleep because I was THAT excited. And it was not made even better knowing that her twin sister is pregnant too. I did NOT praise the Lord for his amazing miracles. Okay. Maybe I DID...

When going to get my mop to clean the bathroom floors I did NOT find my mop completely and utterly ruined. I did NOT figure out that the kids must have done some cleaning of their own and I did NOT think I was the slightest bit wonderful when I decided to scrub my bathroom floors on my hands and knees. I did NOT then continue to pat myself on the back every time I went to the bathroom and saw how wonderfully clean the floors AND baseboards were. And, of course, I did NOT have to point out how clean it all was when Cory came home. Of course I would NEVER let my baseboards get THAT dirty. And, of course, I would never pat myself on the back. Ever.

My email was not hacked this week. An oddly worded email was not sent out to my entire address book and then some. And I did not receive many emails back from friends saying, "is this really from you? It doesn't sound like you..." I was NOT just a bit embarrassed as I went through my address book. Looking to see who would have gotten this crazy email. Seeing who might think I'm some crazy sales person now. I am NOT thoroughly frustrated with my email. I have not thought many many times that I just need to start a new account. And I am not hesitant to do that because I do NOT like change. Of course I love change. And, of course, the task would NOT be so daunting to me because I would then have to transfer ALL my addresses and email ALL my friends. I am not THAT lazy. Of course I'm NOT sick and tired of receiving emails telling me to send $10,000 dollars to someone in Nigeria. Of course I'm NOT tired of receiving emails that promise better times in bed. Of course I'm NOT. So, why would I WANT to create a new email account? I love getting hacked. I love junk email. Love. It.

While Cory was gone this last week, I did NOT actually hear one of my sweet children say, "Can't we please have a REAL dinner tonight??" Of course, I did not then wince just a bit and start racking my brain for "REAL" dinner options. And, of course, we did NOT end up at Papa Murphy's at 6:30 to grab some "REAL" dinner. Surely I'm a better mother than that! I absolutely make 5 star meals while my husband is gone. There is no reason for my children to complain. And, of course, I know that pizza is not a "REAL" meal. Why would I feed my children that? And finally, there is no way that I would top that pizza off with cake flavored ice cream with sprinkles and frosting ribbons of yumminess. I would never!

I did NOT get slightly terrified this week when a crazy, quick moving, thunderstorm came into town. I did NOT feel like Dorothy while gathering things from the back yard and laying our chairs down. I did NOT then realize that my kids were starting to panic too and decided I should probably get a grip. Of course, I would NEVER panic like that. I would never. I do NOT panic. I am perfectly level headed. Yep. That's me. Level headed.

I did NOT change my clothes 5 times before going to work at our Mom's Group garage sale. From shorts and a tank. To shorts and short sleeves. To jeans and a tank... you get the picture. But, of course, I didn't do this. And surely, if I had, I would NOT have ended, completely satisfied, with my sweats. I would not then decide to wear the same said sweats the very next morning when I had 20 minutes to get my entire family out the door and to Caden's baseball game. I, of course, do NOT wear sweats THAT often. And I, of course, would never change my clothes that many times before a garage sale. And I, of course, would definitely give myself MORE that 20 minutes to get my family out the door on Saturday morning...

Which leads me to this... I did NOT LOVE that my kids all woke up early on Saturday morning and completely let me sleep in until 7:41. I did NOT hear them downstairs at 6:15 and decide to roll over and go back to sleep because it sounded like Caden had it all under control. And I did NOT decide to keep sleeping even though I knew that we had baseball that morning. Knowing that Caden had to be at the field at 8:10. Knowing that we REALLY don't move quickly. Knowing I ALWAYS give myself too little time. I would NEVER choose to stay in my nice cozy bed. I would NEVER give myself too little time. And, of course, I would NEVER get to the game late... Nope. Not me.

I am NOT counting down the days to summer. Counting down the days to sleeping past 6:30. Counting down the days to no more homework. Counting down the days to having ALL my kids home ALL the time. Of course I love it when my kids are in school. Of course I can't stand having them home all the time to bicker. Of course I'm not looking forward to trips to the zoo. Picnics in the park and playing all day. Of course I can't stand any of that. So, really, why would I be counting down?? I wouldn't. Not me.

And finally, I was not dreaming about a vacation with my sweet hubby last night. I was not plotting and planning how in the world that could EVER happen. I would never want to get away with JUST my husband. I would never want to relax and rest. I totally love the craziness that is my life and of course I would never want just a little bit of a break. Nope. Not me.

What did you NOT do this week??

2 comments:

Audrey said...

glad the not me's are back! i love reading yours.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you are more than fab...i am soooo glad you are back on the nmm horse!!! ok, the call from your friend almost made me tear up...so fun! and baseboards. baseboards. my baseboards are, well, not what my mother would like. i love you mere...yeah!!!!