Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love...

I love getting cards from my husband...

I love hearing my sweet almost 8 year old read...

He reads to me...

To himself...

To his brothers and sister...

He reads anything he can...

So tonight, after his shower, he asked me,

"Mom, why is there a card on your bathroom counter that says, "I love you because you're incredibly S. E. X. Y.???"

And yes.

He spelled it out for me.

Apparently a friend told him you NEVER say that word.

When I asked him what he knew about that word, he said he thought it meant cute.

Yep.

Something like that.

Yes.

I love getting cards from my husband.

Yes.

I love hearing my son read.

Now, I just need to make sure I put things away that are not so appropriate for his eyes.

Whoops.

10 comments:

Liz Harlow said...

Too funny Mere! What a smart little guy you have on your hands! I love teaching b/c it is so exciting watching the kids learn to read and put it all together! Enjoy!!!

Eryn said...

ha ha ha!! That is a good one :)

Kelli said...

Too sweet, both the card (how nice of hubby) and your little one spelling the word.

Kelli said...

Oh and I love your new layout!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

the card in the bathroom...tooo funny!!!!

Amy said...

I love you 'cuz you're sexy, too.

:-)

Julie D. said...

that is awesome!

PS...can you send me amy's email address? I think I have the wrong one!

Dee said...

You're one hot momma!
Too adorable!

Trish said...

hahaha!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hope he doesn't tell his teacher or a friend or his sister or his grandma that she looks "sexy" (meaning cute)!! Kids are too funny!!