Eight years ago I was just starting to push. Eight years ago I could only dream of what God had in store. Eight years ago I could not wait to get my hands on you. To see your face. To hold you in my arms. To finally meet you.
You, my sweet boy, made me a mom. You, my sweet boy, changed my world. You, my sweet boy, have taught me so much more than I could ever have imagined. You, my sweet boy, captured my heart from your very first breath...Caden, I cannot believe that you are 8 years old. How in the world has time gone that quickly? It seems like only yesterday I was figuring out that you loved to sleep in your bed, not my arms. I was learning that you were serious and content to be on your own. I was thrilled as you tried new foods and loved most everything. I glowed as I watched you turn 1.



Caden, there are no words to describe how much I love you. When you claim to love me more than I love you, you have no idea that your love cannot even come close. You are tender. You are caring. You wear your heart on your sleeve. You get angry when you feel you are not heard. You are just like me.It's crazy to watch you be 8. You love playing with your friends. You love playing video games and just the other night you told me, "I don't know why, but for some reason I'm just really into Pokemon right now." You love your trading cards - both Pokemon and Bakugon. You LOVE to read and will read whatever you can get your hands on. You like to write books too! I love to read your papers as you bring them home from school. From Turkeys to dragons, your stories never fail to entertain. You light up as you share your stories with me. You are serious and you are funny...



I'm so thankful that you still love to hold my hand. That you still allow me to snuggle you. I cherish each moment. I know that they won't last.Lord, thank you for this boy. Thank you for making me a mom. Thank you for letting me know that the best was yet to come. Thank you for so many smiles and snuggles. For giggles. For stories. For hands to hold. Thank you for trusting us with this sweet boy. I pray for guidance as he grows. I pray that you will continue to guide him in life. To help him make good decisions and to turn to you as he gets older and older. Thank you Lord!
And Happy Birthday Caden!!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Caden! He sounds like a well-rounded sweet young man. I love the picture of him under the sink with his dad.
What a beautiful tribute to your son, Meredith! I've got tears in my eyes...he's sure is a wonderful little boy!
Happy Birthday, Caden!
ok, I'm crying. Sweet post mama! Is he REALLY...8? That can't be, because we are both only 18 and in high school, right?
I can't even imagine what having an 8 year old must feel like! Such sweet words you have for him!
Happy Birthday Caden!
I should've known I needed to grab a kleenex before I sat down to read this!
You have such a way of expressing your adoration for you family, Mere. I feel the exact same way you do about my kids, but I can't express it like you do. You're such a good mom. Will you be mine too? ;-)
what a little sweetie pie! Happy Birthday, big guy!
There is just something extra special about your firstborn.
Also, I have an award for you on my blog!
What a sweet boy and a wonderful mom...happy birthday Caden!! I can't believe you are 8!
What a sweet boy! Happy (belated) Birthday, Caden!!
Post a Comment