Where are you going?
To Selfish Land.
Oh, goodness. Is everyone pretty selfish there?
Nope. It's where the Valley of Flowers is. I'm going to get flowers for my husband. He died.
Oh. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?
Yep.
What was your husbands name?
Harry. I'm taking my kids too.
Oh really? How many kids do you have?
Two. The other ones died.
Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry. I bet you miss them.
Yeah. But, I have 2 kids left.
What are their names?
My daughter's name is Kelsey. My son's name is John.
What beautiful names...
____________________________________________________________________To Selfish Land.
Oh, goodness. Is everyone pretty selfish there?
Nope. It's where the Valley of Flowers is. I'm going to get flowers for my husband. He died.
Oh. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?
Yep.
What was your husbands name?
Harry. I'm taking my kids too.
Oh really? How many kids do you have?
Two. The other ones died.
Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry. I bet you miss them.
Yeah. But, I have 2 kids left.
What are their names?
My daughter's name is Kelsey. My son's name is John.
What beautiful names...
I took Jackson to his kindergarten evaluation this morning. He was so excited and asked if he got to take his lunch too. Nope. Sorry. It was only for an hour. We stood there waiting for the teachers to come and call the next group back. He was standing in front of me and had taken my hands in his. Putting my hands across his chest. I could feel his sweet heart pounding away. I asked if he was nervous. He gave me the sweetest grin and said no. The teachers came out. One took his hand and I watched as they walked away. My little man. Growing up. Tears welled up in my eyes and I looked around to see if anyone one else's were too. I can't believe he'll be in school next year. I just can't. Where oh where has the time gone?
Ella's been married AND widowed and has 2 of her 5 children left and Jack's off to kindergarten. What's next?
8 comments:
Now that is one impressive imagination - seriously... good stuff! Glad you captured it in writing. And for your sweetness... Jackson... time goes quickly - my Taylor just finished kindergarten - feels like I want her to know everything and be so prepared for what is coming... sometimes she looks at me and laughs and says, "Mom, why are you talking to me about that stuff... I'm just six!!!" She gets so embarrassed if I mention kissing or boys - says it "makes her puke" - I just see things coming like a train because she has grown so much and I miss her all day and next year it really will be ALL day in first grade... and then the tears well up in my eyes... what to do... love them, love them, cherish them...
Oh, my...Ella's an absolute riot!
They do grow fast! That Ella is so deep and sweet...taking flowers to her husband.
your children are very cute!
Ella...what a hoot she is! I love her imagination.
Jackson...kindergarten is that first step where they are away from home for an extended part of the day. It can definitely pull at a mom's heart strings! It's great that he's so excited. They DO grow up sooo quickly. I can't believe that Bill and I will be "Empty Nesters" this fall!
the death thing is crazy light,isn't it? jada is the same way. my girls were playing the same thing yesterday. weird. i miss you mere!
Just found your blog today and have loved reading through it! This post made me laugh and cry. My boy is starting school this fall too and I'm so excited yet sad. It's ridiculous how fast time goes, isn't it?
Ally
Ella is too funny! Gotta love a vivid imagination!
Heehee Jack's a cutie. Nope, not nervous at all. ;0)
Post a Comment