I was hoping today would be a day of good news. My brother met with his oncologist to hear the results of his scan. We were still waiting on news for our friends son. I got a message from my sister in law this afternoon that everything came back good for my brother... now I was just waiting for Luke's news.
The phone rang a little bit ago. It was my friend. My dear friend. My cherished friend. Luke and our friends are in for another fight. He has more abnormal cells and they are going to be meeting with the Dr. tomorrow to discuss treatment.
Luke is an amazing little boy. Of course, how can he not be? His parents are amazing. They love God with all their hearts. They love their friends. They are loved by so many. They are a blessing.
When Luke was first diagnosed with Leukemia his prayer was that 500 people would be praying for him. Without a doubt, that goal was achieved... Would you join me in praying? There's even a little button in my side bar you can take with you...
Luke's parents, Steve and Vikki, shared this on his caring bridge site. I wanted to share it here too. It's one of his assignments he just did for school...
Hi. My name is Luke, and my life so far has been an adventure.
I was born November 28, 2000 -- that makes me 8 ¼ years old. I was born in Vancouver, but we moved to our home in Battle Ground when I was 5 years old. My brother Jake is my best friend. I also have a little sister named Tori. My dad is the principal of the middle school and the high school at King’s Way. My mom is the best mom in the world (at least to me). We go to Hockinson Community Church, where my Papa is the pastor and my cousins are there.
Last year, I had leukemia. Leukemia is a kind of cancer that goes in your blood. I had to spend most of my 1st grade living at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. Even though I was sick, I had fun there. They had video games and a playroom. They even had a fridge where our family could put our food.
I got a Wii when we were there, and we hooked it up to the TV in my room. We played it for a long time. My family called me the “Spare King” on the Wii bowling game. I played Wii baseball against one of the doctors. There was a nurse’s assistant named Kathy who used to tickle me. I would tease her by taking pictures of her. People sure do a good job at Doernbecher!
When I was at Doernbecher, I met a kid named Austin who had the same leukemia as me. Austin and my brother Jake and I became good friends. We would have a ton of Nerf gun fights in the hallways at night. Austin did not make it through cancer. At least he is with God right now!
Last summer my family and I got to go to a place called the Caring Cabin. The Caring Cabin was a cool place next to a little lake, and close to the beach. I had a blast, and so did my cousins! After that I got to do a “Make A Wish.” I chose to go to San Diego. When we were in San Diego, we got to go swimming at the hotel. We went to Lego Land, Sea World, and (last but not least) the San Diego Zoo. It was an awesome summer! I can’t wait until this summer.
I’m glad God made me. He is very important to me. There would be no love without God. I know that Jesus died on the cross to take away my sins because He loved me so much. When I was sick with leukemia, I wouldn’t have made it without God. It wasn’t just the medicine; it was God. He has plenty more plans for me!
Luke
This is Luke's favorite verse...
9 comments:
Thank you for the updates - Luke sounds amazing... I will Pray.
praying for our wonderful friends!!
Praying in Canada!!
Awesome post...praying for Luke!
praying. please keep us updated. I don't know the jensens personally, but enough of you do that he is close to my heart.
How old is this kid? Wow. What a spritually mature little boy. Please tell Steve and Vikki that I will be praying for Luke.
Man, I've been crying this afternoon as I read their update. I am praying my guts out.
What an amazing little guy! I'll be praying hard for him...and taking the button.
I'm glad your brother got good news.
Saw Luke's button at Infertile Myrtile and clicked over to see what it was about. What an amazing young man, gifted thinker and writer. I also live in Washington, and have family near Vancouver. I will certainly be praying for Luke and have added his button to my blog. Thank you.
Post a Comment