Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God's Armor

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints - and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."
Ephesians 6:10-20


I read these verses this morning. Over. And over. And over again.
WOW!!!
How powerful. How awesome. How beautiful.
The image alone fills me with peace. With strength. With hope. With passion.
It is awe inspiring.

As I continued to pour over these verses, God gave me an image of my friend.
My friend, who at 5:00 tonight, is sitting down with her friend.
Who is not a believer.
Who has trusted my friend enough to ask many many questions.
Who does not believe that anyone can answer her questions.
Who does not believe.

I felt like God wanted her to hear this verse.
I called her immediately.
I read her God's words.
God's powerful, mighty and awesome words.

I have spent the day with that image in my head.
Praying for her protection against the enemy's evil ways.
Praying for protection for her family.
Praying that the Holy Spirit would pour out of her.
Praying that she would be covered in the armor of God.
I get tears thinking about God's power.

God is mighty to save.
I pray for my friend's friend.
For her ears to hear.
For her eyes to see.
For her to feel God.
For her to believe.

If you would, would you pray too?
There is a battle going on tonight.
I know that God can reign victorious.
I pray for this victory.

4 comments:

Stellan Bracelets said...

I will join you in prayer... my husband struggles with his beliefs, it has been a very long but blessed journey, and we've had so many people praying for us along the way. I'm honored to pray for others too.

At the very, very least, seeds will be planted tonight. Nurture them, pray for them, watch them grow, protect them... they will bear fruit. Believe!

Beth E. said...

I didn't get to read your post until this morning (Thursday). How did things go last night?

Amy said...

I have tears too.

I sent you an email.

Kelli said...

I'm just reading too, what happened? LOVE the verses...something we should all remember and take with us daily. Thanks for the reminder.