Cory was in the hospital. It wasn't looking good. I had just hung up the phone with my brother. It was raining. It was dreary. This song came on by Ginny Owens...
The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If you want me to
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the sufferin' Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to
When I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing, gonna shout
Gonna look into your eyes and see you never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to you
And I will walk through the valley if you want me to
Yes, I will walk through the valley if you want me to
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the sufferin' Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to
When I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing, gonna shout
Gonna look into your eyes and see you never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to you
And I will walk through the valley if you want me to
Yes, I will walk through the valley if you want me to
I sat in the car. Tears streaming down my face. Wondering what in the world... Every time I hear this song, I'm back in the car. Scared. Trusting. Knowing that there IS a bigger picture. Knowing that God DOES love me. Knowing plain and simple that He IS there.
This song just came on while I was downstairs. Taken back, but also thinking about our dear friends. Heavy hearted. Praying so hard for them. Here they are. In the valley. Again.
My favorite part of the song...
This song just came on while I was downstairs. Taken back, but also thinking about our dear friends. Heavy hearted. Praying so hard for them. Here they are. In the valley. Again.
My favorite part of the song...
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone
So often. So true. I'm always left wondering though. Would we be where we are today had we not gone through that valley or any other valleys? Nope. Does it mean that it hurts any less? Nope. I'm so thankful to have heard this song at that moment. So thankful that every time I hear it I'm taken back. Taken back to where we were. Sitting here, where we are. Thankful for God's faithfulness, even though it may not be the way we would have chosen. Thankful that he has always been by our side. Carrying us. Loving us. Thank you Jesus!
6 comments:
So good! Love that song! Could listen to that CD all day, every day. Amazing how a song can so quickly transport us to another place and time.
That is what I love about music. It can take you back to a million moments, in a moment's time. Music is so powerful. It's like a smell...quickly reminding us where we were the last time we smelled fresh blueberry muffins or the last time we heard a beautiful song. Music keeps all memories alive~
What a beautiful song!
Praying for your heart.
That is one of my favorite songs!
Your kid are beautiful!
I love this song and I definitely need this reminder right now. Thank you.
Post a Comment