Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Greetings From The Land Of Puke

Nice title. I know. But, seriously. It's getting a wee bit ridiculous in my house. Brent came home from church with a fever on Sunday. Slept much of the day away. Puked once. Went to bed. Woke up great. Ella woke up with a fever yesterday. Gave her some meds. Was great. Went downhill around 12:45. Slept much of the day away. Puked 4 or 5 times before bed... thought we were done! She woke up twice to puke and has puked more times than I can count this morning. Seriously.

Thankfully, she started asking for crackers around noon and has not puked since probably 11:00. Praying that she's through the worst of it so her poor little body can have a break. She was just doing this 2 weeks ago for Pete's sake!

She is the sweetest thing though. She will not puke without me by her side. Not kidding. Either she feels it coming well in advance or has some amazing skills at holding it in. She will wait until I'm there beside her, able to hold her hair out of her face and rub her back.

I was up organizing her room this morning and she just wanted to be with me. So, she came up, plopped herself on her bed and watched me... all the while offering to help. Sweet girl.

If you wouldn't mind? Would you please be praying that the rest of my family stays healthy? Jack woke up with a bad headache and I was honestly, quite worried. Thankfully, nothing has come of it... I just really pray that this doesn't go through ALL of us this time around. I'm praying that it stays away. Prayers would be so appreciated. Thank you!

10 comments:

Cass said...

Always praying!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

There is nothing worse than sickness making the rounds through the whole family. I will be thinking and praying for you:)

Beth E. said...

I hate puke! I guess that's sort of a dumb comment. I don't know anyone who LIKES it! Duh...

I'm praying right now. :o)

Trish said...

I prayed for you guys right after we hung up earlier!

I will continue praying for healthiness for everyone.
Love you!

Julie D. said...

i will be praying for a healthy house for you guys!

Amy said...

Did you notice that your last 2 post titles have had the word "puke" in them?

I'm sorry you've got the pukies in your house. I will pray it stops at Ella and doesn't strike anyone else!

Loved chattin' with ya today!

Kelli said...

Prayers have been sent up! I pray the germs are gone and everyone is healthy.

annaliese said...

you poor thing! just prayed for you!

Dee said...

oh, you poor muffin, puke heads! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling better.

I'm fighting a nasty cold!

Megan said...

What a rough few days! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!