Do you ever have moments you wish you could just bottle up? Moments you wish you could catch on camera? Moments that could never be brought justice by a camera?
Ella and Brenton have started crawling into bed with us on Saturday and Sunday mornings. One. Then the other. Brenton climbs up. Gets as close as he can and settles on in. Ella climbs up. Takes her place in the center. There we are. Snug as bugs in a rug. Eventually, tickles ensue. Laughter begins. Brenton hides from monsters under the sheets. I love every second. I know a camera would never catch what this really means. I know that time will pass. I know that someday my babies will be done with weekend morning snuggles. With tickles. With monsters. I know because I only have 2 left of the 5...
I was playing with Brenton this morning and he came around the corner. His face. His look. It took my breath away. Such sweetness. Such a baby. Such a big boy.
It's been a busy week. Good busy. But busy nonetheless. I went to bed last night looking forward to today. Looking forward to time with my babies. I've missed them this week. We watched a movie. We all snuggled on the couch. Jack on one side. Ella on the other. Brent on my lap. It was perfection.
Such a role. This role as Mom. Moving from Ref to snuggler in a moments notice. Moving from friend to foe. Balancing life. Praising the Lord for shining lights on these moments. Praying that they'll stick in my memory forever. Praying that I continue to cherish these amazing moments.
____________________________________________________________________
Just in from Ella...
"We need a doctor!!!!"
"Why?"
"Jackson's dead!"
"Well, if he's already dead, why do you need a doctor?"
"We just need a doctor..." Off she goes to revive her brother!
____________________________________________________________________
Praising the Lord for smiles and snuggles. For laughter. For not having to be Ref ALL the time. For brothers playing nicely with their sisters. For getting to see a bit of the fruit. Thank you Jesus!
5 comments:
oh my gosh! that is the cutest picture of Brenton! I love those special times with my boys too, but right now I feel like they always interupted by baby Jordan. Sometimes I feel sorry for them, I wish I could give them more. That is one challenge of having lots children.
That's why I love blogging to document those special moments. Like Caleb laying next to me waiting for me to open my eyes so he can say "hi Mommy" in the softest, cutest voice EVER! I love being a Mom!
Such sweet mommy / kidlet moments. Love it!
I love the pictures....you have such a beautiful family! Yes, children grow up way too quickly. I can't believe our two boys are 21 and 18. What happened to the little babies that were around my feet? Seems like they were there just yesterday!
Enjoy those precious kiddos. :o)
Blessings...
Ya, I know whatch mean about the bottle thing.
I sure wish I could bottle Hunter's laugh, I'd sure be a zillionaire! His belly laugh just cracks me up.
Post a Comment