Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Face Is Yellow

Brenton's vocabulary grows daily. He is funny... even when he has no idea. He is cracking me up...

He walked up to me yesterday,

B: My face is yellow!

Me: Your face is yellow??

B: Yesssss. My face is yellow. I need taptick (chapstick)

Me: Oh. Your face is yellow.

B has had a nasty cold and his poor little face is dry as can be. We've been having to put lotion and chapstick on him like it's nobody's business. Apparently, he's now turning yellow too!
___________________________________________________________________

After giving B a bath last night, I thought I'd pull out the nice and cozy footie pajamas. He has not worn these in a year. As soon as I pulled them out...

B: Those a babies??

Me: Are these for a baby??

B: Yesssss

Me: Are you a baby?

B: No

Me: Are you a big boy?

B: No. I a Brenton.

Me: But are you a big boy or a baby?

B: A Brenton.

Me: Big boy or a baby?

B: Big boy.

Me: Nope. Big boys wear underwear. You're still my baby. Do you want to wear underwear and be a big boy?

B: No. I a baby.

I later got him talked into being a big boy and wanting to wear underwear. However, when I asked him the same question this morning, he was back to being a baby.
____________________________________________________________________

While on the computer last night...

B: I want you.

Me: You want me??

B: Yessssss. I want you REALLY bad!
____________________________________________________________________

I found a little tiny floaty in the tub last night...

Me: Who did this?? Who got poopy in the tub?

B: Ella did it!!!

Me: Really? Or did you try to toot?

B: No. Ella did it.

Now, I'm sure it was him. You should have seen the look on his face. That boy doesn't miss a beat.

____________________________________________________________________

Brenton walked up to me yesterday with the smell of mint on his face. This was shortly after the yellow face conversation so I was sure that he had gotten into my chapstick...

Me: Did you get into my purse again?

B: No. I didn't.

Me: Why does your face smell like mint? What did you do?

B: Because.

Me: Buddy. What did you get into (all said while racing for my purse to see what damage had been done)

There was little damage done. And I couldn't find any chapstick that smelled like his face. I was perplexed.

A few hours later I went to grab a washcloth out of my towel drawer. This is what I found. This is not how my towel drawer usually looks...


Upon further inspection of the green spotted washcloth, I discovered that it, too, smelled like mint. I put 2 and 2 together and realized that Brenton had gotten into the mints in the pantry, had eaten one and then proceeded to wipe the evidence from his face.


When I questioned him...

Me: B, did you eat a mint out of the pantry??

B: YESSSSSSS!!!!

Me: Why did you do that? You didn't ask??

B: Becausssssse!!!

Oh this boy. He is hilarious. And he knows we get a kick out of him. I am so thankful for him. For our conversations. For his budding vocabulary... to think that at his 2 year appointment, I was concerned about his lack of talking. He honestly only had about 20 words at that point. Now, he is a talking champ and oh so much fun!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love that boy!

I've never seen his hair so long, it looks kinda cute!

BTW, I want you REALLY bad too!

~Brenda said...

Sounds like you have a very honest little boy. ;-)

~Brenda
www.prairiebren.blogspot.com

Lee Ann said...

Sounds like trouble! :-)

Kelli said...

That is going to be my Caleb, I just know it. I will have to save your posts so I'll know what to expect and how to respond.
I have those same dish cloths!

Beth E. said...

Oh, what fun he is...the little stinker! LOL

Just so you know, our youngest was (as still is) a stinker, too! They make life so much fun, and keep us on our toes! :o)

Megan said...

What a cutie and a little stinker at the same time. LOL Sounds like he's keeping you on your toes! :0P

Stellan Bracelets said...

Absolutely adorable... I LOVE the conversations they have at this age, and the next age, and the next... it's so important to write them down!

Thanks for sharing :)