Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Surprise!

Caden came home from school a couple of weeks ago looking like this...


He lost a tooth! Three days later, out came another...

On Wednesday, my sweet husband took me out to dinner for my birthday. However, as we were driving down the road, he said, "do you want to go shopping?" Um, Yeah! He took me to the mall and proceeded to buy my TWO new bras!! So nice for a girl who only has one and would wear a sports bra to give her "real" bra a rest. Thanks Baby!


On Thursday, I had begged for sweet hubs to come home early. He was going to be gone all weekend and I was already missing him. Surprise! He walked in the door just after lunchtime. Thanks Babe!!

During nap time that very same day, hubs and I were enjoying some snuggles and heard screaming coming from Brenton's room. Absolute. Terror filled. Screaming. As I opened Brent's door, he came running out of his room shrieking, "I need to wash my hands!!!!! I need to wash my hands!!!" and proceeded to run, crying into the bathroom. Apparently, he was poopy. Apparently, he had tried to clean it up himself. This was made apparent by the PILE of wipes on the floor in his room and the poop that was ALL over his hand. Surprise!!

During the very same nap time, I went to check on Ella. As I opened the door, this is what I found...

Saturday morning I received a phone call from my wonderful friend Amy. Our husbands had been planning a little surprise of their own. Amy was going to be flying up on Sunday to help me celebrate my birthday. Surprise!!!!

Monday morning, while getting dressed, I had to run downstairs for something. This is what I found...




Surprise!!

Yesterday, while shopping with my wonderful friend, I received a phone call from the school. Apparently, my sweet boy had fallen and hit the back of his head on a tree on Sunday. Apparently, he hasn't mentioned anything about this to Cory or I. Apparently, my sweet boy was showing signs of a concussion. Oh sweet boy. You really need to tell us about these things! Surprise! Sweet boy was then stuck having to sit beside me at the t-ball game instead of being allowed to run around and play. He was thrilled...

When leaving for said t-ball game, we looked in the back seat to find this...

Oh my. Melt my heart and make me giggle. Seriously. Surprise! Trish, this one's for you!

This family is keeping me on my toes. Making me laugh. Making me pull my hair out. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm thinking that, at this rate, I should be gray by next year!

10 comments:

Trish said...

You are amazing, I can't believe that you took pictures of all thos suprises! Howver, thank you for not sharing pictures of the poop or your new bras! It totally cracked me up that new bras made you so happy, because they would make me so happy too!
And hellllooooo goggles baby. He is to cute!
Miss you, love you and wish I was there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday my friend.

Beth E. said...

Those kiddos of yours are a hoot! They sure are busy little people...happy, too! I loved the pics/video of Brenton and the cupcakes.

I would totally get excited about new bras, too!!! Sounds like a good time to me. :o)

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Julie D. said...

oh my word, those pictures of ella are so stinkin cute! how fun!

Stellan Bracelets said...

What a happy, uplifting (bras, anyone?!) fun post!!! I'm glad your birthday was filled with surprises and adventures. Sounds like you have a wonderful, thoughtful, sweet husband.

Happy Birthday!!

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow sweetheart from your Mom. It seems like yesterday you were doing all these hi-jinks! You were lost one day & I was in total panic. You had gotten up from your nap, gone into Jen's room and fell asleep under her bed (Ella's bed today!) With the bedskirt on it I couldn't see you but you suddenly made a noise when I was nearby ready to call 911 .....I think that was before 911!
I love you! See you Friday!
Mom

Beth E. said...

Thanks for sharing the poop story with me! LOL That's one thing I DO NOT miss about my boys' baby years! ;o)

Audrey said...

Happy birthday, Mere! Enjoy your day tomorrow, and maybe some more fun surprises...or maybe not.

And I am relieved to know I am not the only one that wears the same bra nearly every day!

Eryn said...

Hope you and amy are having a blast! :) been praying for Cole's noggin...hope all is well! E

Sheila said...

This is the cutest post! I only have one...actually named Caden too, but I'm sure I have lots to look forward to with him!! He's already a mess at just 2.

Megan said...

I love this post!!!

Totally cracking up at the screaming and crying because of poop! Hilarious!

And Ella. That is a pretty stinkin funny way to take a nap. heehee

You had lots of surprises in the past few days. Awesome!! =)