Cory has been out of town the last 2 weekends. We did great the first weekend, but this last one really wore me out. I so prefer to have my sweets by my side. I so prefer our family being together. Man, I missed my man.
Thankfully, my parents were able to come into town. They arrived Friday afternoon and blessed us by springing for dinner and picking up some pizza. So nice since I'm really not so great at cooking when Cory is gone. The kids love seeing their Papa and Nana!
Friday night, we read the story of Christ death and resurrection. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the part where Jesus could no longer carry His cross by himself. Caden said excitedly, this is when Simon helps him! I loved that my sweet boy is learning the stories of Jesus!
After we put the little ones to bed we watched The Passion of the Christ. What a movie to watch on Good Friday. It's one thing to read the story in your Bible. It's another thing to watch it played out. Words cannot describe the emotions that I feel when I watch that movie. Awed. Humbled. Thankful. Those words don't really even come close...
Saturday morning, we enjoyed an Easter egg hunt at our church. We all gathered together at the beginning to sing a few songs and here the resurrection story. I admit, I'm a mover during worship. I simply cannot stand still as I worship my God. But, man oh man, looking around on Saturday as everyone stood, many with kids on their hips... It was AWESOME!!! I loved seeing everyone dancing. Praising God. It took my breath away. Funny how just having our kids with us makes us so much more uninhibited.
Before the hunt. Still smiling...
Then Brenton coughed. Lots. And loudly. Snot was dripping. Lots. And lots. In that moment, I flashed forward to Sunday morning. Doing the egg hunt. Getting 5 kids and myself ready for church. Having to hold Brenton on my lap because there was no way I could put him in the nursery. Running. Stressing. Is that really what Easter is about?? Does Jesus really care if we praise Him in our church building. I don't think He does. I decided to have church at home.
We read about Jesus again. We talked about God's sacrifice. We talked about His love for us. We sang Jesus Loves Me. We had church. Just the 6 of us. Then we snuggled. Napped on the couch. Watched movies. Enjoyed our blessings.
By the end of the weekend I was pooped. Missing my husband. Eager for him to come home. I'm so very thankful to be walking side by side on this journey. I'm so thankful for the man God chose just for me. As our vows said, he is my best friend and my deepest love. Thank you God for Cory! Thank you for bringing him home safely. Thank you that our family is back together again. Thank you for protecting us. Thank you for sending your son. Thank you.
3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful, blessed Easter. It would have been even better if your hubby was there, though, right?
heehee love the pouty face. Sounds like you had a nice Easter weekend minus the snot. ;0P
I'm glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful Easter with your kids! Sounds like what might have been stressful turned into something sweetly different.
Post a Comment