Friday, April 3, 2009

Does Jesus Have a Flashlight???

We were driving home today and 3rd Day was singing "Tunnel"...

"There's a light at the end of the tunnel
Shining bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, For you..."

To which Ella said,

Mom, did they say tunnel??

Yes, sweetie...

Why did they say tunnel?

Well, sometimes when people are going through really tough times, they'll say, "I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel." It means that they don't see an end to their troubles. This song is talking about how Jesus is our light at the end of the tunnel. He is our hope. We just need to hold on through the painful times.

Does Jesus have a flashlight???

No, sweetie. It's just a saying. He's our light. Our hope.

Can you turn it back up, Mom?
"Then Jesus spoke to them again saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
John 8:12
____________________________________________________________________

Please keep you stories coming! I so want to hear how God has worked in your life... maybe it's a favorite verse that God has given you. Maybe it's a day where he has carried you through. And please, head on over to Luke's blog and say a little prayer!

As for the giveaway prizes, I've got a Starbucks card and some other goodies just waiting for someone's enjoyment and am working on something else. It will be fun. I promise!

4 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i love it!!!! super fun!

Stellan Bracelets said...

I have had this post on my mind a lot this weekend... it's so sweet, and so funny :o)

Eva said...

Beautiful family.

Megan said...

Such a cutie!