We sat down with the kids Saturday night and asked them what their top 3 would be. If they could choose 3 things to do together as a family, over the summer, what would those 3 things be. We didn't even put any limitations. The only rule? We had to be able to do it as a family.
Ella: Dancing with Daddy
Go out to pizza
Blow bubbles
Jackson: Snuggle together
Play games together
Go on a picnic
Caden: Camping
Bowling
Swimming
Cole: Disneyland
Go to a movie
Spokane/go to Lake Coeur d'Alene
Dad: Beach
Dance with Ella (Ella chimed that in)
Camping
Mom: Zoo
Day trip to a local waterfall
Spokane
Go out to pizza
Blow bubbles
Jackson: Snuggle together
Play games together
Go on a picnic
Caden: Camping
Bowling
Swimming
Cole: Disneyland
Go to a movie
Spokane/go to Lake Coeur d'Alene
Dad: Beach
Dance with Ella (Ella chimed that in)
Camping
Mom: Zoo
Day trip to a local waterfall
Spokane
We then voted. We got to choose our number 1 from each person's list. Here is our list of our top 3
The zoo
Spokane
Day trip to the local waterfall
The beach
Bowling
A picnic
Spokane
Day trip to the local waterfall
The beach
Bowling
A picnic
We're already set to go camping this summer, so we took that out of the running. We're also hoping to get to Mt. St. Helens this summer. I'm so excited for the summer. I'm so excited for time with my family. I'm so excited to get out there and enjoy. To soak it all in. I'm so thankful that we get to.
I loved putting this list together. I loved seeing where the kids are at. What their priorities are... seriously. Snuggling? Playing games together? A picnic? Blowing bubbles? Those sweet babies. So simple. So sweet. Little things they enjoy.
So often, we think so much bigger than our children. We don't think that the little things matter all that much. Apparently, they do. Apparently, it's the little things that matter A LOT to my kids. I'll be making sure to do the little things more often. To life the full life God intended...
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10
John 10:10
9 comments:
LOVE it! So sweet. Totally do -able, when stated like that!
that i amazing!!!! love that bubbles and cuddles are so important..it's the little things that really are the big ones, huh?
ok, for some reason i fell off your followers...what in the world? i wondered why i hadn't gotten any reminders from you....i missed u soooo much!
such a good idea. It's so great to see how they just want the simple things in life.
We made a list last summer and put it on the wall. It was good to have something to look at and check off when we found time being "bored." They were even as simple as "walk around the block" and "make ice cream".
Way to go on being intentional.
Oh, and I'm making gluten free brownies tonight....wanna come over? :-)
When our boys were little, I found that it wasn't so much WHAT we did, but the fact that we did things TOGETHER was what mattered (and still matters) the most to them.
Some of our best times have been at home, playing board games, camping in the back yard, having cookouts, etc.
You have a great family. Sounds like you're gonna have a fun summer!
what a great idea! enjoy your family time!
I am doing this! I always makes the plans and I need to stop and see what Rondell and Jamison want and then do it. Great idea!
I love that you did that with the kids. What a great idea.
Last Sunday, I had no agenda with the kids. Tripp was at the station and we'd had a busy past couple of days. So my plan was to just hang out and play with the kids.
It was a great day and a great reminder that I need to do that more often :-)
Love the list...such a great idea to see what their little minds think of...hey if I haven't told you guys lately...we love our home group...
Post a Comment