I woke up to the sweet sounds of Brenton saying, "I want yogurt. I want yogurt." In a sing song cookie monster voice. We love this voice. It makes us smile. The other morning he came in saying, "I am poopy. I am poopy," in the same voice and song...
Melt my heart...
While still laying in my nice warm bed this morning both Caden and Brenton came in...
Brenton (talking loudly): I hear birdies. I tant see dem!
Caden (whispering): You hear birdies? Here... (he proceeds to pick him up to help him look out our window.)
Brenton (talking loudly): You see dem!!
Caden (whispering): Shhhh. Yes. I see them.
Melt my heart...
When walking downstairs this morning, Cole and Jackson were sitting side by side on the couch. Curled up under the same quilt. Cole was reading to Jackson. These two boys are my oil and water boys. They always have been. Yet, here they were, being sweet...
Melt my heart...
Ella just came in with her precious princess stickers. She loves anything princessy and asked what princess I wanted. I didn't want to take from her beloved collection and told her that it was okay. She didn't need to share. She really wanted to and I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Ariel sticker.
Melt my heart...
I was gone yesterday morning and when I got home, Caden and Jackson were playing out front. Ella and Brenton met me at the door, gave me hugs and kisses and I went in to talk to Cory. We went upstairs and were still chatting when I realized it was WAY too quiet downstairs. Ella and Brenton are not allowed out front without us and I had a sneaking suspicion that that was exactly where they were...
I ran down the stairs and out the garage door hoping to find them in the garage. They weren't there. In a state of panic, I yelled out their names... nothing. I went running to the sidewalk and heard little voices. They were down the little hill by our house with their brothers... Ella in her nightgown, mismatched pj bottoms and boots. Brenton? Long sleeved T. Green Fuzzi Bunz diaper and his rain boots on the wrong feet... at least he had shoes on?
My first thought? I wish I had my camera! Second? Hopefully no one drove by to wonder what in the world these little kids were doing outside hardly dressed in 40 degree weather with no parents in sight...
Sweet babies...
I'm so thankful for these little pieces of sweetness. Especially all in ONE weekend!! What a blessing and so good for my soul! Thank you Lord!
9 comments:
All of that would melt my heart, too! Your kiddos are simply adorable!
You know, if you keep saying nice things about me like you've been doing on my blog, I'm gonna get a big head! LOL ;o) Thanks so much for being so sweet!
Have a great week...
Beth <3
Being respectful to your elders...Hahaha!
well, at least they were having fun! jk went to the neighbor's house last summer with no shirt on...yep...that was fun!
This entry was just wonderful and makes me want kids even more desperately! (Too bad I have several more years of grad school to go and I'm still absolutely single!)
Thanks for sharing that, it makes me miss your kids so much. I love 'em like they're my own.
MELT my heart!
thinking and praying for ya!
you are so good at seeing the sweetness in life!
and your right, at least he had shoes on......
love you bunches and really appreciate the hug this morning!
Sometimes you need that sweetness you get you through the day...and yes, at least he had shoes on!
I love you Meredith. I love your insight and wisdom. I love your sensitivity and heart. I love your wit and laughter. You are a good friend, a good mom and a good storyteller. Your blog makes me smile every time I read it, and you make me smile every time I see you. When I read your little bits of treasured mommy gems, it helps me treasure my own kids more. I am not very good at that. You make me a better mom. Thank you.
Heidi
Post a Comment