Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Smile

"I smile when I think about the way you turned my life around. I smile when I think about the happiness in you I found. I'm so amazed at what your love has done. That when I think the best is yet to come, I smile..."

I used to sing that song while rubbing my tummy when I was pregnant with Caden. I cannot help smiling every time I hear that song. Every time...

Having kids has been so much better than not...

Having 5 kids has been so much better, for us, than 4, 3, 2, or 1...

Our marriage is so much better now, than it was...

My relationship with God is so much better now, than it was...

I cannot help but smile when I think that the best is yet to come. Even with as good as it is now.

Watching my children makes me smile. Every day I get to be reminded of God's love through my children. I LOVE that He has blessed me with each and every one of them. I LOVE that He has blessed me with SO many reminders. With so many reasons to smile...

Brenton got to go to his 1st Blazer game with his Daddy this week. He was beaming as they left and he got to ride in Daddy's truck. Cory was so sweet to send me pictures throughout the night. In each one, Brenton's smile could not have been any bigger. When they got home, he told me all about their night... the huge flying car with no parents or kids in it, Blaze the trail cat, getting to give the visiting players high fives, eating a giant pretzel with Dad. He loved it! Watching his joy made my heart overflow.

So tired after a night at the game...

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. My head was pounding. My stomach was turning. We were driving home from school and I told Ella and Brenton that I needed to lay down when we got home. While I was making Brenton's lunch, Ella so sweetly let me know that she was making a bed for me on the couch. There she was, carefully laying a blanket down for me, arranging the pillows, making it perfect. It warmed my heart. Realizing I must be doing something right...

Cory was making breakfast this morning and Caden came up to him... "Dad, you're not the only Dad I've ever had. God's my Dad too!"
Melt my heart! I loved hearing Caden make that connection. That God is not just God, who sits in Heaven, watching over us. But, that he's his Daddy too. I was 16 before I figured that out!

It's been a wonderful week of heart warming moments. Watching Jack as he tries to help Cole. Watching Cole as he reads to the kids. Caden realizing God's his Daddy too. Ella, mothering her mom. Brenton beaming.

I love weeks like this. Where even among all the craziness of packing, I still get to see how much God loves me. How much He cares for me. Days where I can feel Him. Right there. And then, I smile...

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

What sweet children! The pictures are priceless. Such sweet smiles!

I hope you are feeling better now.

Blessings,
Beth

Kelli said...

Pure joy. You brought a smile to my face today with the peek inside your comings and goings.