Our family has been pounded by what seems to be the swine flu. It started with Cory on Thursday night and hit Caden, Jackson, Ella, Brenton and I on Saturday night.
We've had fevers and chills, aches and puking, headaches and coughing. It's been lovely.
I'm not feeling better yet, but well enough to find the humor in it all...
Sunday morning, Cory commented that while it was pathetic (the view in our family room) it was also a little funny. I found NOTHING funny about it. Until later, when walking back from the bathroom, when I got a good look. Yeah. It was a little funny. And a lot pathetic.
We do not have enough room on the couches for everyone to lay down so we ended up making beds on the floor. Brenton and Caden would go back and forth between the floor and our snuggles on the couch. Ella, however, did not move from the floor for 2 days. If she wasn't sleeping, she was puking. She'd wake up, puke, drink a sip of something, say something cute, and fall back to sleep.
Thankfully, it has yet to hit Cole. Thankfully, we seem to be on the mend. And as much as it stinks to be so sick, I found myself thanking God that we have gotten so much time together in the last few days. Because, truly, who doesn't love lots and lots of snuggles?
6 comments:
I hope you all feel better soon.
look at all those sweet sick kids. Kevin and Ashton had a stomach bug a while back at the same time and it was kind of nice (in a way) that they both had it because there was no worry of them giving it to each other. So there is one good thing about them all having it at the same time. Poor Cole, he must have been hiding in is room for days. Glad you guys are on the mend it sounds. Oh, and thanks for putting your button back up :) I put it back on my blog.
ugh...sorry you guys all caught it! hope you start feeling better soon!
My kids really wanted to bring cookies to you all today...we missed you this morning! I wasn't sure cookies was what would make your tummies feel better. Know that we love you and thought of you (from a distance :)
Glad you're all feeling better. Stinks to be sick. I'm praying it doesn't hit us this winter-or at all actually. A girl can dream.
Love the pictures Mer! Thanks for sharing your sickies with us! so precious...and I too love the snuggles that comes along with sickness...
Post a Comment