Friday, September 25, 2009

I Would Never

As I enjoyed a little jazzercise this morning so many things crossed my mind...

An ode to motherhood...

But, of course, I'm not poetic...

And, of course, I would NEVER blog about the thoughts in my head. They'd be far too embarrassing...

Thoughts like...

Ooohh, I just about pee'd a little on that one. Better be careful next time we jump in and out...

Lovely, I can feel the skin on my belly bouncing. I wonder if any amount of exercise will take that away...

Man, how I love my new sports bras. The ones from high school just were NOT cutting it...

Thoughts that mothers talk about often. But not to those that aren't mothers. Thoughts that we never knew we would have. Things happen that we had no clue about.

Last night while chatting with friends over dinner she said she feels like pregnancy knowledge is like a secret society. You don't get to know all the information until you actually go through it.

I totally agree...

Things like having NO clue that I would be sore after the birth of my 1st sweet son. I got up to go to the bathroom and was shocked!! What in the world! I could barely walk. Barely sit. Why did NO ONE tell me about this. Of course, had I really thought about it, it would have been clear as day. Clueless...

Never knowing that both your boobs and your bum go south. Who knew??

Oblivious to the fact that breast pads should be checked on. Leaky ones make for embarrassing walks through the grocery store. Especially when you don't realize the leak until after you've gotten back out to your car. Lovely...

And yet, for all the secrets revealed, I wouldn't change a one. I would take every sleepless night. Every leaky breast. The saggy bags and all. I would never change any of it for the payoff is so much better that I ever could have dreamed...

Sweet little hands to hold...

Kisses on cheeks and smushy little foreheads...

Smiles that beam...

Laughter that fills...

Love that abounds...

I wonder. Had I known the secrets before would I really have ventured in?

Absolutely!

6 comments:

Liz Harlow said...

Thanks for reminding me Mere! I needed that right now being in the middle of this third pregnancy. Great thoughts!

Amy said...

I've totally peed a little while jazzercising!

Eryn said...

Ah...ode to motherhood. Good stuff!

Kel said...

again, you make me smile late at night when I'm too tired to do anything and yet I can still fit a 'laugh' in before bed...thanks Mer...and yes, the leaky milk jugs can be a problem. Last month, I went to winco with Briella and FILLED my cart...then stood at the check out after the man had rung everything threw, looking for my debit card...it was not there! No worries, I'll write a check...oops, used the last one at Sam's riding lesson earlier that day...no problem, there's always credit...WINCO doesn't take credit...oh well, Paul will have to load up the kids and come to bail me out...ut oh, I have all the car seats in my car! My BIL came and paid for the groceries...after a half hour of waiting, I got to the car, relieved to not have had to leave all that food and make it a wasted outing, then I looked down and realize I forgot to put my nursing pads on and my shirt had 2 large wet spots on it...nice...and you are right, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

It's also great when you return from walking your son in to his classroom at school and realize that you have one of those Gerber Sweet Potato Puffs stuck to your hiney. Do they honestly have to stick to everything? What do they put in those things??

Sheelagh said...

SO so so funny! I can relate to so many things, but the High School sports bras are something I have just been thinking about. How in the world have I continued on this long with those sports bras lifting my boobs?!?! And peeing.....I'm not going there, but so glad you did! I feel your pain!