Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Full Cup

I was sad about only having one. I couldn't imagine enjoying it. How could I? I would miss my other babies so very much... Right?

Yes. I do miss them. Yes. I do savor their hugs when they walk in the door after school. Yes. I enjoy every second of quiet while they are gone...

Ella, Brenton and I get an hour of quiet before we race off to take Ella to preschool. Seriously. An entire hour of quiet. Very rarely is there whining. Very rarely is their fighting. Just quiet.

And then. Oh, then comes a bit of fantasticness. We drop Ella off at school. I go workout and and then. Then. Heaven here on earth... The park. Playing catch. Racing away from sharks on a boat that only Brent can drive.

I smile as we BOTH get filled. I can tell he loves every second of my attention focused JUST on him. And at the same time, my cup is filled as God reminds me that this mothering stuff isn't always hard. That there are such moments of amazing sweetness. Of playing. Of joy. My heart is bursting. My joy overflows. God overflows.

I am not good at being intentional. I'm just not. Days pass. Weeks pass. Months pass. And I find that not much has been done. I'm praying that God would show moments before they pass me by. That I can take advantage of sunny days at the park and cloudy days at the zoo. That I can take the time to savor every minute with my kids before they are all in school ALL the time.

And then, at night, when all are asleep. I'll crawl in my bed, pull out God's word and smile as WE spend some one on one time together. Take deep breaths as I breath Him in. Relax. Give him the weight on my shoulders. And fill my cup with Him.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Very well said. Thanks for sharing.

Beth E. said...

This is so true! Treasure every moment. They just grow up way too quickly!

Blessings,
Beth

Eryn said...

My heart is fuller just reading about it! I love the statement, "God reminds me that this mothering stuff isn't always hard." Thank you Jesus! We need THOSE moments.

Thanks for sharing friend!

Amy said...

Amen.

Sheelagh said...

You are such a great mom! So loving and so very inspiring. I to am not very intentional and hope to be one day. But it is pure love I read here and so awesome that you get time with that babiest boy of yours.