The first time we had uninvited guests at a birthday party...
After making many phone calls, we ended up losing 3 friends who decided not to risk it. No worries though, like I said, we had WAY more guests than we thought...
As the neighbor boy, who was invited made his way over, he was followed by another neighbor boy that I have NEVER seen. Jackson and his friend asked if the other boy could come too. I explained that his mommy didn't know us and that I didn't feel comfortable having him come in without talking to his mom first since we were possibly contagious.
Minutes later I notice the sweet neighbor boy crying quietly while sitting on the curb down the street. I called him over and told him he could take my number home and have his mom call me. After I talked to his mom he came on over and all was good.
Ten minutes later Cory noticed a girl walking down our stairs and said, "who is that??" I had NO idea. I asked her name, "my name's Emma. I'm Jackson's best friend". Oh really? I'm thinking, "I've never seen you. Never heard of you and you look to be about 10. I highly doubt you are Jackson's best friend." Of course, I did NOT utter those words and realized from her name that she was sweet neighbor boy's sister...
Then, the phone rings, it's the neighbor boys mom who WAS invited. His older sister is upset because her best friend is Emma and Emma is playing at our house. Their mom asks if older sister can come too. Sure. Why not? So, along comes older sister with little sister in tow. Thankfully, we had plenty of food and the kids had a blast. I was so thankful to have a house fully of fun while we celebrated Jackson...
Jackson left the nest for kindergarten...
He, however, wasn't as excited for time with me. While getting his clothes out for school before going to bed Wednesday night, Cory told him he didn't have school on Thursday. He lost it. Started crying. And said, "I don't want to stay home. I want to go to school!! It's boring at home!" Wow. And while I was sad he was done being home, I was overjoyed that he loves school THAT much. He was up before 6:30 this morning and couldn't wait for the school day to start.
While filling out a form for his teacher there was a question that asked, "what are your hopes and expectations for your student this year?" My answer? That school would live up to Jackson's expectations. He is so excited to learn to read. He's just plain excited to learn. He's so curious and I pray that his teacher and his school embrace him and that it's all he wants it to be...
Cole and Caden headed off for their 1st day too...
For the first time I heard, "I forgot to get up when my alarm went off." Really?? You forgot? Or you chose not to get up. Oh the excuses have already begun...
And finally, when I had Ella put jeans on this week, instead of a dress, I heard, "Mom, this part (while pointing to the seam in her pants) hurts my bagina." Jackson used to claim that jeans and carseats were not okay because they hurt his penis and NOW I've got Ella claiming jeans hurt her too?? Man. What my kids won't do to stay in the clothes they want to wear!
What a week. What fun. What craziness. Praying as school gets going that God would protect my children while they are at school. That he would surround them with good friends who are good. With teachers that love to teach and care about their students. And that I would be able to take advantage of the time that I do have with my children.
5 comments:
Sounds like a great weeks of firsts. That party situation made me laugh.
I wished I lived closer so I could have your kiddos in my class and love them all day for you! :-) Your kids are beautiful~and their teachers will think so too!
I'm laughing out loud as I read this post. 1. because your house raid sounded almost like a high school party with unknown kids showing up everywhere...2. because I have never heard a 4 year old say "mom, this hurts my bagina." oh goodness!
hope your kids have a great year of school and that you enjoy your days home with two.
hope to see you or talk to you soon!
so great. all of it.
You are amazing to have that many kids at the party, even last minute. I could learn from that!
You are the hostess with the mostess.
Post a Comment