We may have been stumped on the very first hurdle... well, I guess, it's the 2nd. The 1st was getting under contract. The 2nd was the inspection...
Everything went well. Nothing too major, especially considering it's a 30 year old house. Then, they entered the crawlspace. Apparently (and I may still have my understanding wrong, so bear with me) the foundation is not as high as it is supposed to be on one side of the house. So, that means that there is soil up against the wood and apparently that is NOT a good thing. There is also a small amount of rotting floorboards underneath the kids bathroom.
Our realtor called the banks realtor (it's bank owned) and we were told that the bank may very well cover this. If that is the case then, perfect! If not, then off we go??
I'm not a big fan of limbo. I've actually noticed that limbo tends to make me a little down. And a LOT crabby. However, as I lay in bed last night, I had peace. Complete peace. I felt God wrapping His arms around me and fell asleep thanking Him for rocking me to sleep.
I'm not the least bit anxious. Curious? Yes. Anxious? No. I know that we'll be where God wants us. I have no doubt about that. And, for a girl who has a hard time not skimming past a few pages in a book to find out what happens next, I'll sit here, enjoying God's peace and waiting for Him to turn the page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of my friends have found me. Yes. Found me. Lurking. Quietly. I messaged one. I told another. Now, I'm out.
Out of where you might ask?
The facebook closet.
Stupid facebook.
In January, I wrote this and quite happily went on my way. Then, my friends slowed down on their blogging. And soon enough, I was clueless. Clueless about where a get together might be... "Oh, I posted it on facebook." Clueless, about what in the world my friends were really doing. Clueless.
The final straw came when I found out my friends son had swine flu AND she was moving. If only I was on facebook...
Tail between my legs, mask on, I ventured over to facebook and logged on. They had kept my account the same as I'd left it. And HOLY COW!! As overwhelming as ever with Mafia Wars scores and postings galore on my news feed. With a deep breath, I hid the mafia wars crap. And cleaned it up a bit so I could REALLY see what was going on with my friends...
One was 10 days overdue...
One just found out she was having a girl...
One was drinking rockstar...
And after hunting down the one friend that made me go back, I took a deep breath and was glad to know all was okay...
Seriously.
It's a hidden world. A world I'm not so sure about. A world in which I will tread lightly and not allow Satan to get the best of me. I will take it for what it is. A way to have some sort of clue about what in the world is going on with my friends...
Which, truly and in all honesty, bugs me just a bit. A friend once said she didn't like to read blogs to find out how her friends were doing. She wanted to hear it from them. I feel that way about my friends and facebook. But, maybe, I'm a bit old fashioned. Maybe, I need to let go of that and accept the fact that most all my friends facebook. Maybe, I need to realize that I just DON'T have the time it would take to talk to all of them on the phone. Maybe, I need to realize that I SUCK at email and I can't communicate that way either. So, Facebook, I'm back. Please be nice to me!
10 comments:
I totally understand. While it's a great way to keep in contact with people, it's a bit sad that it's THE WAY to keep in contact with people. I mean, hello! I just found out that one of my BFF's had her baby...from FB!!
Good luck with the house issues. It will all work out the way it should. It is amazing how many friends you can keep in touch with through Facebook. Being a mom of multiple children its impossible to do it on your own with phone calls, emails and get togethers. Welcome back :)
While I do have an account I'm not a big FB person either, I mainly have my info on my blog. I remember the first post I read of your was about how you left FB and that's what hooked me to you. I find it to be a difficult place to be at times. So, mainly you'll find me Outside the Kitchen Window, or you can call me.
Great post Meredith - every where I turn I have someone ask me if I'm on Facebook - I was... for awhile... then I quit - hubby didn't appreciate boys from my past looking me up for ANY reason... so it was easier... but I do feel completely at a loss with what goes on in the daily lives of people I'd love to feel connected to... makes me sad to know that people are in the loop because of facebook and without joining you'll be an "outcast" - okay... that's probably a bit dramatic, but you know where I'm coming from... I do feel like having quit facebook that I have more time - I think it is VERY addicting and consumed far too much of my time... can't wait to hear about the unfolding plans on the home...
OH! for my sake I hope the bank will fix that! :)
I too am a facebook lurker. Only for the reasons you said. I hate being in the dark. I still am though, because I don't have many "friends".
So glad you are back on facebook. I don't really post much (except baby stuff :-) but do get a quit glimpse of what everyone else is doing. I kinda suck at the blogging thing. I will keep trying...but you are WAY better than me!!!! I stink at email and phone calls too. Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day! Just don't let FB suck you in, and it won't. :-) Love and miss you!
Praising God for the PEACE He has given you over your housing issue. Please keep us posted on that one.
I have Facebook, too. I don't like it as much as blogging, though. I'm not into all of the apps and games. I just like to keep up with friends.
Blessings,
Beth
Yay! I was so sad the day you dissappeared, literally, from my facebook! :) I'm not that great at it either, or blogging these days, but I'm glad you're back.
And LeeAnn, now I know you're there! :)
I'm sad and i'm sorry. I know you didn't mean it to make me feel bad at all, but I do. Facebook has honestly been a lifesaver for me in this move to Alaska. I has kept me connected in a way that blogging could not.
I have become a bad blogger, but there is not alot here to blog about. Well actually there is a lot here to "blog" about, but not alot that is blog worthy. There is alot here that I just cannot write about. I am kind of stuck in a hard place, this is my home, but it is not my "home". There is so many awful social issues, but so many people who live amongst these issues that I cannot insult their lives by writing about it. Does that make sense?
I have missed you so much. I miss your hugs. I miss your understanding eyes and I miss seeing your adorable family. I wish I was better at staying in touch in other ways, but for now I am glad you are back on facebook!
Love you bunches.
Glad your back on facebook, but I completely understand how you're torn. I feel the same way and often will just avoid getting on for a week or so, then when I'm back, checking up on things, I feel so behind! The thing I'm still holding out on is texting. That's me being old-fashioned while the rest of my friends text away. I'm sure I'll fold soon!
Post a Comment